Fixing .tga files?

Bede

How do you fix a faulty dependency that's a .tga file?

I have some that say the texture is not a multiple of 2 or something to that effect.

You can't modify them in Explorer like a config.txt file.

What program do you use to modify .tga files?

Thanks.

Hi Bede,

you will have to use something like Paintshop, Irfanview,Photoshop or other program and resize the files in multiples of 2 pixels , as in 2x2,4x4,......64x64,128x128 or 64x128 etc. and replace them.

Hope this helps, :confused:

Cheers, :wave:

Bill.

GIMP, paint.net are the free ones, Paintshop pro, photoshop are the graphic editors if you have them lying around.

Cheerio John

It has to be 2 to the power of a positive whole number. Other multiples of 2 won't work.

OK: 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 etc (sorry I don't know what the minimum and maximum permissible sizes are)

Not OK: 6, 10, 12, 14, etc

John

Another program you can use with TGA files is Faststone Image Viewer. IIRC, it's freeware, and a decent quality product.

GIMP is good too, but I've never liked the Windows port as much as the Linux version.

Cheers,
CKT.

How do you fix a faulty dependency that's a .tga file?

I have some that say the texture is not a multiple of 2 or something to that effect.

You can't modify them in Explorer like a config.txt file.

What program do you use to modify .tga files?

Thanks.

The other comments in the thread are all correct. I would note one other thing, even though your post doesn't suggest that it is your problem. Although the ~.tga format supports some form or forms of compression, when I accidentally attempted to use a compressed ~.tga file in TRS, it was not a successful exercise, but worked fine when I used the same file in an uncompressed format.

ns

Bear in mind that the problem might actually lie in the text file which contains the tga file's filespec, or the tga file may simply be missing.

John

Back