FCT system

One of the great things about the FCTs is that you can buy them at any time, such as when they are on sale, and then activate one when your existing FCT expires.
I totally agree with you :)

I remember when there was a 'Life Time' FCT, you used to pay around $120 ~ $150 AUD and this FCT never expired. I am overall glad N3V Games got rid of the 'Life Time' FCT, they wouldn't be making money if they had kept it.

I don't remember how much I paid for it but I snapped up one (you only needed one) "Life Time FCT" when it was offered many years ago. I have never regretted it since.
I did buy the 'Life Time FCT' but decided to cancel it because I really wasn't into Trainz. But, it was my sacrifice! At least, I can buy a yearly FCT ;)

I totally agree with you :)

I remember when there was a 'Life Time' FCT, you used to pay around $120 ~ $150 AUD and this FCT never expired. I am overall glad N3V Games got rid of the 'Life Time' FCT, they wouldn't be making money if they had kept it.
I wish I could buy it

In the software business these days, lifetime is more likely to pertain to the company rather than the user. Frankly, lifetime deals are normally a bad idea financially for the business. While they may produce a swell of income, it creates a long term liability that over time could swamp a small company. Interestingly, several recent game releases that depend on live services sold under subscriptions are now promising 10 years of DLC updates to the game to convince players that the game will continue to evolve and grow rather then be dropped by the maker if sales are less than expected. But I'm too much of a skeptic to not believe that somewhere in the EULA is a way out of the commitment.

But they cost $52.50. After about 3 years a life time one would have made it.
I have a yearly FCT! You also have to remember that prices raise or lower based upon currency exchange rates.

You claim that subscriptions are a waste of money, that also depends how you see things. I have never considered the Trainz FCT system being a waste of money, on my pocket! At least they put that money to good use, such as maintaining the DLS and other important things. Let's face the facts, what if there was NO DLS?? Answer yourself that question! There are other affordable options regarding the Trainz FCT system, I believe they are all FAIRLY priced.

Just pointing out: Off-topic

We don't have ALL V Set liveries or originally built versions in Trainz or any game for that manner! I have always loved the 'Citydecker' liveries and the suburban V Set.
Only 8GB, you should be able to upgrade your ram to at least 16GB.. Also homework can't be abolished, how do you expect to study for University or some other type of Collage to get yourself a good degree and a good job? That's why homework was designed, to help you use your brain and get that studying skills unlocked for what's down the road of your future. There's only two ways in life one is being successful and the other is simply being unsuccessful, it's up to you which path you choose.

I have a yearly FCT! You also have to remember that prices raise or lower based upon currency exchange rates.

You claim that subscriptions are a waste of money, that also depends how you see things. I have never considered the Trainz FCT system being a waste of money, on my pocket! At least they put that money to good use, such as maintaining the DLS and other important things. Let's face the facts, what if there was NO DLS?? Answer yourself that question! There are other affordable options regarding the Trainz FCT system, I believe they are all FAIRLY priced.

Just pointing out: Off-topic

We don't have ALL V Set liveries or originally built versions in Trainz or any game for that manner! I have always loved the 'Citydecker' liveries and the suburban V Set.
Only 8GB, you should be able to upgrade your ram to at least 16GB.. Also homework can't be abolished, how do you expect to study for University or some other type of Collage to get yourself a good degree and a good job? That's why homework was designed, to help you use your brain and get that studying skills unlocked for what's down the road of your future. There's only two ways in life one is being successful and the other is simply being unsuccessful, it's up to you which path you choose.
Also how do I upgrade RAM?

Also how do I upgrade RAM?
You are probably best to ask at your local computer store! You could ideally purchase 2x 16GB (32GB) they should be cheap enough since you own an older laptop and have your computer shop install them for you which would be at another cost for labour. You could be looking at around $100 to $150 in total give or take, depending on the cost of the ram sticks '2x 16GB = 32GB' and how much it would cost your computer shop to install them.

Trying to explain how to install ram sticks yourself could result in damaging your laptop, desktops are super easy to install new ram upgrades. But when it comes to laptops pretty much disassembly would be required and your computer shops should know exactly what they are doing.

You are probably best to ask at your local computer store! You could ideally purchase 2x 16GB (32GB) they should be cheap enough since you own an older laptop and have your computer shop install them for you which would be at another cost for labour. You could be looking at around $100 to $150 in total give or take, depending on the cost of the ram sticks '2x 16GB = 32GB' and how much it would cost your computer shop to install them.

Trying to explain how to install ram sticks yourself could result in damaging your laptop, desktops are super easy to install new ram upgrades. But when it comes to laptops pretty much disassembly would be required and your computer shops should know exactly what they are doing.
I may as well get a new one. My current one is 11 years old.

Back