B&O
C&O
MNRR
LIRR
SCAX

One RR that I'll always have dislike for:
CSX

Why you ask?

1. They don't maintain theyre Tampa Bay area crossings. I almost got into a near accident because they came down 10 mins before the train came, and then 3 mins before, the barriers flew up and we started off, then we stopped again, resulting in my mom's friend getting a big whack on the head and CSX getting a filed complaint.

2. They hate passenger rail. Period. I don't care what people say, if there was no CSX, Jeb Bush, and Jim Gallagher, Florida would have had their proper passenger rail system by now.

Anyways,
Cheers,
Isaac

ATCHISON TOPEKA & SANTA FE

GREATEST DAMN RAILROAD EVER!

Forever missed XOXOXO

No need to mourn it! As far as I'm concerned, it hasn't disappeared at all, just operating under a new banner!

Me, well m favorite RR is a pretty tough decision:
-I own stock in NS, so I feel some loyalty is in order there. Its predecessors had engines like the Southern Ps4 and N&W J class engines. Also, I do like the jet black color and the horse logo...:cool:

-But I always loved the B&O's logo and blue color scheme, and its engines like the #25, President named engines, and such. I also liked the Chessie System scheme of the 70's. Oh, and then there's the W&A whose engines were in a locomotive chase! Best of all, CSX brings them together!

-Conrail had a cool blue paint scheme and logo

-Canadian Pacific would have to be my favorite Canadian Railroad!

DL&W - Delaware Lackawanna & Western "Lackawanna Railroad"
Erie -
NKP - New York Chicago & St Louis "Nickel Plate Road"

NH - New York New Haven & Hartford Railroad
OW- New York Ontario & Western Railroad

Here's my top 3:
New York Central
San Pedro, Los Angeles, and Salt Lake RR (now part of Union Pacific)
D&RGW

Last edited:
my appologies if i've already said this. i don't have time right now to scan the entire thread to see if i have.

1: nevada county narrow gauge railroad

2: sacramento northern interurban

3: the dear old suffren pathetic (as most of its union employees refered to it, southern pacific to the marketing depratment and general public, now gobbled up by up yellow), especially what was the old sacramento devision, the origeonal transcontinental rail line over the sierra nevadas at donner summit, which my dad worked for for most of my life, and i grew up on and along side of.

(1 and 2 were gone before i was born, but i DO prefer narrow gauge form factor and passenger intensive opperations to standard gauge freight. and i did used to walk the old narrow gauge right of way before it got chopped up and sold off when they built rollins lake)

Favorite Railroad?....hmm...

CSRR-Cass Scenic RailRoad
& the Durbin & GreenBrier Valley RailRoad

Last edited:
Favorite Railroad?....hmm...

Freight RailRoads
CSX
NS
UP
Conrail
Chessie System

Last edited: