Favorite Steam Locomotives residing or from your home state/ province/ whatever

Oh boy. UK vs US again? For a bunch of mature nerds, you act like pathetic toddlers. Yes Justin, you especially, which is especially ironic.....

I debate for the fun of it, I don't care what it is about, i just like a good debate
it especially ironic that you joined the "pathetic toddler" argument.
name calling and all.
kinda funny anywhere there is an argument you show up to join it, Jamie.

Last edited:
Ok, guys, cut the personal attacks, and stay on topic.

As a note, the smoke from the Big Boy isn't as bad as you may think... Most, if not all, of the visible/black stuff in the exhaust is ash or unburnt coal. This falls back to the ground, and isn't too bad (a lot of people actually use loco ash as fertilizer to some degree...). It's the invisible stuff that is an issue, and both steam and diesel put them out. The fact that it's coming out isn't always good, but it also depends on the coal being burnt at the time, and it's ash content. Lower grades of coal generally burn best with black smoke; higher grades of coal can be burnt with clear smoke. Welsh steaming coal is among the good coals. The Romney, Hyth & Dymchurch railway in the UK is seeing this at the moment, as they don't have access to higher grade coals.

Regards

7077.1321326786.jpg

Tied with Bel Del's 142 for being the newest steam locomotive in the US.

From my hometown of Kennesaw Georgia,[FONT=Georgia, Times, serif] [/FONT]The General. Preserved in the Southern Museum of Civil war and Locomotive history. It took part in "The great locomotive chase", basically, Union soldiers stole The General, and the rebels chased them down to recover the stolen locomotive.

TheGeneral.jpg

Oh boy. UK vs US again? For a bunch of mature nerds, you act like pathetic toddlers. Yes Justin, you especially, which is especially ironic.....

​I think you should be the last person to talk about toddlers and maturity. Let alone criticize others for their behavior.

"Not breaking news! Jamie fuels another internet argument! Nobody is surprised, but certainly annoyed!"

Now helping re-rail the subject, I would only consider the Allegheny to be my favorite loco horsepower wise.

Now overall I think the Berkshire would be my favorite.

nkp762_yard.jpg

OMG. The haterz hates me.

ar289.jpg

These kept steaming from 1922-late 70s and a dozen or so survive today

Jamie

One of the NP's S class 4-6-0's at Beattie Park next to the depot in Helena, MT.
dsc01578rc.jpg

I always liked those big head lights that the NP had on their steam locomotives.

Last edited:
British engines were painted black during the war to make air raids more difficult.
And there is nothing 'baby' about a K class, especially when you bring up the whistle. Loud as hell...

Tim

941886_650908948259342_1002844606_n.jpg

Found a picture of me firing the 9 at the Shop when we were getting ready to take her out

Im glad to see you guys are keeping the West Side paint job. Also is that a different spot plate than there was last year?

Last edited:
Northern Pacific S-4 #1364 being restored at the Northern Pacific Railway Museum in Toppenish, Wa.
It would be nice to have one of these in Trainz.

Last edited:
Back