Faulty downloads with no config file?

KotangaGirl

Pre-Grouping Railways Nut
This is something that I've noticed in TRS22; - I download a route from the DLS and there will often be faulty assets with corrupted textures and no config file whatsoever. Deleting the asset and trying again nearly always offers no cure as the asset will appear again in just as much of a mess as before. I thought it might be some kind of local network problem with the setup I have here at home, but I can download the same asset in TRS19 SP4 without any problems. In fact this has been my work around for fixing the download faults in TRS22 as I simply transfer the folder contents via copy and paste from TRS19 to TRS22.
I've seen the same thing with attempting to download DLC from the Content Store and ending up with a fail due to corrupted file errors.

Has anyone else had problems with this?

Annie,

Emptying the Cache/internet folder usually fixes that problem, caused by a corrupted partially downloaded cdp being cached, which Trainz will try to install rather than actually re-downloading it.

It's not exclusive to TRS22 can happen in any version.

Thanks Malc. I wondered if Trainz was being 'lazy' and was just grabbing the corrupted file instead of downloading it again. I suppose because I'm doing a lot of setting up of newly downloaded routes in TRS22 I noticed the corruption faults more. I don't do all that much in the way of large download efforts in my TRS19 install since it's pretty much set up the way I want it.

Back