Engine ON/OFF

idomi4s

Hi folks would like to ask is there any asset available for this function for the entire TS12 or not yet ? Simply shut down the engine on the loco when I've finished my daily job . :) Engine on/off button what I meant. Thanks.

Hi folks would like to ask is there any asset available for this function for the entire TS12 or not yet ? Simply shut down the engine on the loco when I've finished my daily job . :) Engine on/off button what I meant. Thanks.

It's all up to the content creator to add this feature to the locomotive. There are already some locomotives that have this feature.

John

There are a number of Eastern European locomotives (and some rolling stock) available on the DLS that have a point-and-click 'disable/enable physics' (in effect, engine on/off). I have been hacking away at the scripts to see if this feature could be installed on other locomotives for my own purposes, but without success.

I think our dear friend PEV could provide us with a little uility to install this feature - but he's pretty busy on a range of projects already that I am really loathe to suggest it.

It's all up to the content creator to add this feature to the locomotive. There are already some locomotives that have this feature.

John

perhaps. i would like to say that it isnt like an existing part of the game that is not used because of xyz - like normal maps or running numbers. a creator would have to first design and implement this 'feature' using the available script functions from the ground up. so while it might be possible, and some have made similar systems, it isnt something that one can just make a choice to use or not.

It would be nice if feature was available for steam engines, so that you would have to start up the fire yourself and get the loco to the correct pressure

The reality of starting a steam engine from cold and dark is, that it take several hours. One of the reasons that they are no longer in "revenue service" on all class one railroads, other than vintage entertainment use.

Most people don't have 3-4 hours available to get the steam engine ready to use. As to how much work is involded to make this even possible I would have to leave to someone else.

But I would have to ask, is the result (starting a steam engine) worth the effort?

This link is for starting a oil fired steam engine.
http://www.sdrm.org/faqs/hostling.html

It would be nice if feature was available for steam engines, so that you would have to start up the fire yourself and get the loco to the correct pressure

I did happen to know that, as I am a member of two steam railways and I have fired engines on many occasions. But thanks anyway !

world of trainz loco have this feature.unless this if you want this feature on specific loco then this needs scripting

that have a point-and-click 'disable/enable physics' (in effect, engine on/off)
The correct translation of labels near the "on/off" button is "diesel is stopped -> diesil is being started -> diesel is operating"

installed on other locomotives for my own purposes, but without success
Make more careful study of config.txt . Script demands some tags and enginesound from it.

perhaps. i would like to say that it isnt like an existing part of the game that is not used because of xyz - like normal maps or running numbers. a creator would have to first design and implement this 'feature' using the available script functions from the ground up. so while it might be possible, and some have made similar systems, it isnt something that one can just make a choice to use or not.

Very true, Justin. I didn't say it was easy. :)

Remember I'm not a content creator or programmer, so I really enjoy the hard work of others such as yourself, and suggest stuff with the thought that these "features" can happen easily. :)

It would be nice if this "feature" was installed as a built-in type script which would make your job as well as that for other creators much easier.

John

Back