Engine Creation or Editor help

R142Alover

Hey everyone I've been looking for the right enginespecs for some subway cars and RR commuter cars.If someone can help me it would be appreciated whether its creating an engine or editing the original.
If I create an engine I want it to be 3 notches
Notch 1: 1mph - 22mph (Steady speed incline)
Notch 2: 23mph - 39mph (Decreasing speed incline)
Notch 3: 40mph-47mph (Very slow acceleration after 40mph+) Possibly a speed cap at 55mph
And the brake notches: 5 notches
Notch 5: A Full service brake of 3.5mph/s
Notch 4: 2.5mph/s
Notch 3: 2.1mph/s
Notch 2: 1.9mph/s
Notch 1: Minimum brake of 1.7mph/s
If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. I tried the M7 specs but its too fast of an acceleration and deceleration.
Thank You

Hi R142Alover

Engine physic's can be a little complicated and takes time to get them to do what you want.

As for notches you mean you want Accel to be 3 and dynamic-brake to be 5?
doesn't work that way.

In the motor container there's a tag called "throttle-notches" set that to 3 but it'll also set dynamic brake to 3 as that tag does both.

as for top speeds, that is a tricky part as you need to also set tractive effort to correct settings with speed so you don't get extreme slippage in lower notches.

-Aaron

Hi R142Alover

Engine physic's can be a little complicated and takes time to get them to do what you want.

As for notches you mean you want Accel to be 3 and dynamic-brake to be 5?
doesn't work that way.

In the motor container there's a tag called "throttle-notches" set that to 3 but it'll also set dynamic brake to 3 as that tag does both.

as for top speeds, that is a tricky part as you need to also set tractive effort to correct settings with speed so you don't get extreme slippage in lower notches.

-Aaron
Ok so what ever how many notches there are for acceleration is has to be the same amount of notches for dec.. or vice versa. Ok I don't know what you mean.So is there like an engine editor or something?

So is there like an engine editor or something?

Hi R142Alover,

I'm not sure if there is a editor, I've been learning e-spec's since TRS2006 and I had to make the tables myself, I did make a speed chart for setting top speeds at each notch,

take a look at all my e-spec's on DLS under kuid 404079 and see if there's something there you want, I do have a few that top 40mph to 62mph, there's also a few more I've done but haven't uploaded yet.

Or if you want I can make you a e-spec to do exactly what you want, just write up a chart of accel and top speeds per notch and max tractive effort.

-Aaron

Back