Early diesels....

colhad

QR Clyde/GMs
Hi folks

I know we have all these categorised threads, but I'd like to put forward another idea.

I am a diesel nut, I like all diesels from all countries. I don't mind the modern diesels, but prefer older ones from say mid 30s through to the 70s. I'm mad about Alcos, Baldwins, Fairbanks Morse, old GMs, GEs......the list goes on.

Anyhow, I'm really in awe of the RS-11s made by Whitepass, I just think they are awesome. I drive them a lot, I don't drive much at all, so says something about Whitepass's work. I drive them a bit on the Tidewater route in TRS2006.

So to get things moving, I think a picture of the RS-11s is better than trying to put in words. Start drooling.;)

Let's see some old diesels folks, doesn't matter what or where they are from.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmm, we have a thread like this over at trainzforums http://trainzforums.com/index.php?topic=76.0
but ill post a shot here to since i love old diesels as well:) and do some shameless self advertising for my routes:p
two GCL RS3's roll through white oak
Screen_641.jpg

a georgia road local heads around a curve at dawn
GAGP40curve.jpg

The RS11s are on the DS Elliot.

I'm continuing with my Conrail reskinning venture. Another RS11. All credit must go to Whitepass for creating such a great loco. One of my all time favourite US diesels is the RS11 Alco.

nikos1: Where did you get the route in the first and second photos and the engines in the second one?

Toddles

the route is the Georgia Coast Line by me and i havnt released it yet. the locos in the second pic are my Georgia RR GP40's. also currently unreleased:p
more pics, these are from one of Gfishers routes, sorry im blanking out on the name lol
Screen_319.jpg

Screen_320.jpg

Screen_323-1.jpg

screen004yo7.jpg

screen003ec2.jpg

screen006ib6.jpg

I do have question about this Loco. Where did I get it? I remember most all of the loco's I have downloaded and I dont remember downloading this one.
Kenny

Last edited:
Cloaked Ghosts DDA40X from trainz luver, very nice locos:)
Screen_294.jpg

Screen_297.jpg

Screen_295.jpg

route is CCLE by gfisher, more shots from it:)
Screen_318.jpg

Screen_338.jpg

Great vintage diesels, everyone! Willie and his brother "Gillie from Phillie" have been working the night shift...

screen567ayz4.jpg

Zorronov

Last edited:
i made them:D they are reskins of gumbytrains's RS3 on the DLS.
some more pics
O&W SD40-2s lugging coal trough kentucky
OW1.jpg

getting ready for a long days work on the Sandersville
sanatkaolinplant.jpg

Long hood forward NW style!
NWSD45.jpg

first generation meets second generation
gclcsx.jpg

through the rockies not around them
Screen_068-1.jpg

Screen_071-1.jpg

Screen_080.jpg

Screen_076ps.jpg

Screen_074-1.jpg

all locos except the Rio grande PA's by me, all but two still unreleased, hehehehe
enjoy

Resizeofxcv14.jpg

"Early diesel" Warship Class 42 D823 Onslaught hauls a short passenger rake along Eso's superb new Trecoll bay GWR layout.

Gam :)

Last edited:
An ex-PRR transfer loco pulls off the Olde & Weerey and onto the Indiana Western with a load of empties for the refinery.
ow21.jpg

Great shoots heres mine of whitepasses excellant FM Erie-built units. by the way George where did get that 1950s car from ?that would look cool on my route. units

Last edited:
Back