Dual Gauge Track Broad Gauge and Standard Gauge

Has anyone made Dual Gauge track which incorporates Victorian Broad Gauge 5 foot 3 inch and Standard Gauge 4 foot 8 half inch
Thanks
Robert2004-1

None that I have ever found. I would be interested in triple gauge (narrow, standard and broad) track for my Peterborough Division layout.

I suspect that creating multi-gauge track assets does present some significant difficulties that might not be immediately obvious to route builders.

Has anyone made Dual Gauge track which incorporates Victorian Broad Gauge 5 foot 3 inch and Standard Gauge 4 foot 8 half inch
Thanks
Robert2004-1
I will advise to download ARTC NSW Main South - VR-North-East route. Between Albury and Seymour it has a dual gauge 'broad/standard' setup ;) ;)
Route by grazlash KUID's for both versions

<kuid:664758:100288> ARTC NSW Main South - VR North-East 'Requires TRS19 or higher'
<kuid:664758:101422> ARTC NSW Main South - VR North-East v2 'Requires TRS22'

Hi Robert2004-1
I have made, under my personal account (S301, or userID #103475) a selection of VR broad and standard gauge tracks in 80lb/yd and 60lb/yd sizes (named VR 80lb and VR 60lb). This includes assets to make dual gauge track, however these will be two separate tracks that you overlap, so as to allow it to work correctly (including being able to straighten the track).

The 'dual gauge' track is assembled using your choice of the broad gauge tracks, and then the 'VR 80lb DG' or 'VR 60lb DG' track overlapped on the top to form the standard gauge line. There is a surveyor only rail that you can use to align to the 'common' rail of the track.

Regards

The real world problems with dual or, even worse, triple gauge tracks occur when you add points. In cases where the points switch all the gauge tracks there is (usually) no problem but what happens in situations where not all the gauges are switched? For example a dual BG and SG track where only the SG track has to be switched to a siding?

Then there are those cases where the common running rail has to be switched from one side to the other.

Back