DRM server messed up I think...

JCitron

Trainzing since 12-2003
So yesterday I had three old assets needing update which I couldn't update previously. I updated those then a pile appeared in my queue (filter) of assets out-of-date, but not built-in. They flickered and CM got really laggy afterwards. With these symptoms I knew something wasn't right... Sure enough I now had 38,000-plus assets needing validation.

Being rather ripped over it, I let it do its thing. I have a head cold anyway so sleeping was a better option, and I watched some live storm chasing on YouTube... The validation took until 3 AM at least to complete.

I started up CM again to check things out, after shutting down and rebooting the PC to clear memory, and a huge number of assets appeared in the list. Things got laggy again... This time there was a brief 1975 assets which then jumped to over 41K, almost 42K actually.

Stuck again today, can't use Trainz because the validation is so bad as it pegs the disk and freeze up the menus. I also have many routes, some of which I downloaded while others I purchased off of the DLS, and a couple of my own that are now missing dependencies which are tied up in this crap.

So much for Trainz... Is this a way to treat your customer?

John

WOW --- I feel for you, John! -- Sorry to read your unfortunate journey, sir!

All the best, sir! And, Please keep us updated!

Ishie

I downloaded UMR2015 last night and there were five validation windows working at the same time.
I just minimised the page and went off and did some other things and it got though it alright in the end.
Cheers,
Mike

John - was this TS12? SP4? T:ANE?

Jackson - surprising to hear that we had a perfectly working validation process given that others have painted a different picture in the past.

John - was this TS12? SP4? T:ANE?

Jackson - surprising to hear that we had a perfectly working validation process given that others have painted a different picture in the past.

Hi Tony,

This was TS12 SP1 61388. I got this two days in a row.

The validation finished up some time after I went to sleep at 0230 EST; it still had 2300 or so assets to complete at that point. This morning the assets which reported needing updates were gone except for 4 which do not have any files for yet. These are not Auran assets as the previous list contained. Something glitched somewhere.

John

It certainly worked better then than it does now, that much is for sure! While it may not have worked exceedingly well, not as many people were affected by it then as are now. Suffice to say, it is now broken further now than it was before, and while I may have slightly exaggerated in saying that it worked perfectly, it certainly worked better before.

Last edited:
Back to the same old problem. CM is freezing when I try to update asset versions at the same time as downloading in CM.
I can close CM after a long wait but TAD stays there and I have to finally ctrl-alt-del to get rid of it.
Then I have to go though the Database repair again. Not so long because this install will only have assets that wont load in TS12 Pre SP!.
I downloaded UMR2015 the other night and had no trouble. The one causing the problem now is a small route in comparison.
If it wasn't for the fact that I really want certain routes, I just wouldn't be bothered with it.
Cheers,
Mike

It certainly worked better then than it does now, that much is for sure! While it may not have worked exceedingly well, not as many people were affected by it then as are now. Suffice to say, it is now broken further now than it was before, and while I may have slightly exaggerated in saying that it worked perfectly, it certainly worked better before.

So what you are saying is it worked better before?

Back