Driver Setup Rule

neilsmith749

So, I populated my route with 100s of locomotives, but when trying to edit it in Surveyor, it gives a blank window, except for the message "Populating drivers, please wait...." , or something like that.

Has anyone seen this, and does it actually finish the task at some point, or is it just hanging? I'm wondering if there's a set limit to the number of locos for this rule in TRS19. BTW, this was not an issue in any earlier versions of Trainz.

It might be worth turning on script exceptions in Trainz Settings > Developer Options (that's the one on the Launcher) and seeing if you get the red bug icon. I suspect there may be a possible timeout issue involved.

Shane

So, I populated my route with 100s of locomotives, but when trying to edit it in Surveyor, it gives a blank window, except for the message "Populating drivers, please wait...." , or something like that.

Has anyone seen this, and does it actually finish the task at some point, or is it just hanging? I'm wondering if there's a set limit to the number of locos for this rule in TRS19. BTW, this was not an issue in any earlier versions of Trainz.

It has existed at least since TANE. Just the defaults and options have changed.

The window is not really blank. You need to scroll down to the very bottom. Then uncheck Generate New Drivers for empty trains.

It has existed at least since TANE. Just the defaults and options have changed.

The window is not really blank. You need to scroll down to the very bottom. Then uncheck Generate New Drivers for empty trains.

I have done that, and it still seems to hang, not doing anything.

It might be worth turning on script exceptions in Trainz Settings > Developer Options (that's the one on the Launcher) and seeing if you get the red bug icon. I suspect there may be a possible timeout issue involved.

Shane

Thanks Shane - I'll see what happens with that.

Since T:ANE this is a new feature: The number of locomotives in a session is restricted. The exact number is depending from the specs of your PC. Tony Hilliam has told this once, a long time ago.

Kind regards

Swordfish

I experienced the same issue with only 4 drivers. I was able to recover this by rebuilding the database, however if I turned on "Generate new drivers for empty trains" and then turned it back off, they would disappear again.

Yes it is happenng to me as well. Very aggravating. I had 2 drivers, but other vehicles on the route and did the generate empty engines and it just sat there looking at me for an hour and I quit.

I utilise Driver Setup rule differently.
I have one rule for each consist, at present I have 16 scheduled with A1 Drivers.
I have found it easier to keep track of my time table schedules this way
I also utilise Portals at the extremities of my route there are six in total, with at the present 17 consists with A1 Drivers.

Back