Driveable aircraft?

I'm looking for driveable aircraft (preferably US commercial jets) on the DLS. Tried a bunch of word combinations and can't seem to find anything. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

There's plenty out there. But none of them have cabs nor instruments or throttles, etc. etc.

Try Microsoft Flight Simulator.

There's plenty out there. But none of them have cabs nor instruments or throttles, etc. etc.

Try Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Maybe I should have explained better. I'm just looking something that will take off and land at an airport - strictly for background interest at the airport adjacent to a freight yard.

For active scenery, there are some airport industries on the DLS.
not a full size model, but with a couple of different aircraft taking off & landing - and moving to hangers.
there‘s a number available, you may need to try a several to find one you like.
There are at least a couple of drivable aircraft, you can set up a flight path using invisible track and adjusting the spline heights as you wish.

I'm looking for driveable aircraft (preferably US commercial jets) on the DLS. Tried a bunch of word combinations and can't seem to find anything. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

Look up author 'vulcan'. His website is offline as of this posting, but it states it will be back up tomorrow. His content is on the DLS and in your CM as freeware. Look at the ones that say 'Startup' I believe are the ones you can drive or schedule to move to trackmarks etc.

Here are a small sample of what's available;
<kuid2:60238:9885:1> A10 Thunderbolt Warthog 954 startup
<kuid2:60238:8096:2> Aerospatiale Corvette SN 601 startup
<kuid2:60238:9730:1> Sea King UH-3H Helicopter US Navy Startup
<kuid2:60238:8178:1> Aerospatiale N 262 Startup
<kuid2:60238:8074:2> Aerospatiale Gazelle SA 342 Startup
<kuid2:60238:9916:2> Boeing 727-235 FedEX startup

Video of <kuid2:60238:9730:1> Sea King UH-3H Helicopter US Navy Startup

Last edited:
If you have this route: <kuid2:515942:100169:21> Cornish Mainline and Branches - TRS19, check the default session. It is just a flyover of some of the route with an airplane. I think if you edit the session you can see how the invisible track is laid out in the sky as a path to follow. It takes off from a grass airstrip and lands again in the same place, as I recall.

For large airport assets, you may want to investigate the airport assets from our late Trainz-friend Ish (Ish6). He made a number of these assets including the airport tram system to go with it.

I made a large airport on my Cotton Belt route, right in the middle of the hundred mile route. A number of large commercial aircraft take off and land there.

I made a large airport on my Cotton Belt route, right in the middle of the hundred mile route. A number of large commercial aircraft take off and land there.
I remember that airport but I didn't know you made that one. Very nice!

Driveable aircraft in Trainz ?,
Not really to that extent to my knowledge planes or helicopters only running along an invisible track that is placed in the air measured from a ground location.
Cab drive them just like a train loco.
Gives the impression these assets are flying but speed markers and way-points can be inserted along the track, with commands issued just like a train.

I've been offline for a week or two. Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions. I'll dig into them this weekend when I can devote some time to it.

(preferably US commercial jets)
is that US maufacturers or US carriers?

There are several Boeing 707, 727, 737, available, for instance,

Boeing 707 327C Braniff International blue
Type:Locomotives
Downloaded:11911
File Size:1.21 MB
File Type:.cdp
Created by:papou
Date:7th October 2012
Version:TS2009
KUID2:<KUID2:74222:10099:1>

FTP Location: (for FTP users)
/Restricted/trainz/TRAINZ2009/locomotives/kuid2_74222_10099_1.cdp

Description:
A Boeing 707-327C aircraft of Braniff International with blue livery. Reskin by Papou with permission. It operates on invisible track and will load passengers and general goods at a suitable landing area. The aircraft has an automatically operating landing gear. This retracts at takeoff speed (200 kph) set in the script. It lowers at speeds below 200kph. The speeds for tilting and landing gear retraction on takeoff may be altered in the string table above - speeds are in kph.

It does not have an operating interior, but does have various exterior views based on an invisible interior, use the [ and ] keys from the interior view. The aircraft will load and unload passengers at suitable airports.

The aircraft has animations that can be operated by keyboard keys, or the Aircraft Action Trigger, kuid:76656:24050, when placed on track and set to the correct number:

- horn sound H key is a welcome aboard in flight announcement, or trigger setting 1
- it will flare on landing, use the V key or trigger setting 3
- emit smoke and sound from the tyres when landing, trigger setting 4
And for not a being Boeing,

Lockheed L-1011 Tristar Pan Am
Downloaded:552
File Size:4.33 MB
Date:7th October 2020
Version:TS12
KUID2:<KUID2:74222:12741:1>

/Restricted/trainz/TRAINZ2009/locomotives/kuid2_74222_12741_1.cdp

Description:
A Lockheed L-1011-385-3 Tristar 500 Pan American Airways startup aircraft. Named Clipper Black Hawk. Reskin by Papou with permission.

It operates on invisible track and will load passengers and genral goods at a suitable landing area.

The aircraft has an automatically operating landing gear. This retracts at takeoff speed (240 kph) set in the script. It lowers at speeds below 240kph. Flaps operate automatically, speed set in string table above. The speeds for tilting, landing gear retraction, flap operation and landing speed may be altered in the string table above - speeds are in kph. Landing speed is a fraction of the maximum speed.

It does not have an operating interior, but does have various exterior views based on an invisible interior, use the [ and ] keys from the interior view. The aircraft will load and unload passengers at suitable airports.

The aircraft has a number of animations that can be operated by keybpoard keys, or the Aircraft Action Trigger, kuid2:76656:24060:1, when placed on track and set to the correct number:

- to start engines, press the B key or use trigger setting 2. An engine start rule is also available for AI.
- issue smoke and sound from the tyres when landing, use trigger setting 4.
- open cargo door, H key.
- to flare the aircraft for landing, trigger setting 7 or V key.
- come to a gradual stop on landing, trigger setting 9.
- use reverse thrust on engines for 10 seconds trigger setting 13.
- set speed to 40% of maximum speed, for landing approach, trigger setting 14.

Note: Shadow models are required but cannot be animated to follow aircraft animation. If you do not like the shadow showing on the body of the aircraft, in the config call up the shadow_inv.im file which is an invisible shadow.

See my wepages for further details on using the Action Trigger.

Douglas will get you lots of Douglas Fir trees, but it also gets ...

McDonnell Douglas MD82 Allegiant Air startup
Downloaded: 603
File Size:4.09 MB
Date:15th June 2020
KUID2:<KUID2:74222:12714:1>

/Restricted/trainz/TRAINZ2009/locomotives/kuid2_74222_12714_1.cdp

Description:
A McDonnell Douglas MD82 Allegiant Air startup aircraft. Reskin by Papou with permission.

It operates on invisible track and will load passengers and general goods at a suitable landing area. The aircraft has an automatically operating landing gear. This retracts at takeoff speed (240 kph) set in the script. It lowers at speeds below 240kph. The speeds for tilting and landing gear retraction on takeoff may be altered in the string table above - speeds are in kph.

The aircraft has a number of animations that can be operated by keyboard keys, or the Aircraft Action Trigger, kuid:76656:24050, when placed on track and set to the correct number:

- to start engines, press the B key or use trigger setting 2. An engine start rule is also available for AI.
- flare for landing, V key.
- the flaps operate automatically at speeds below 200 kph, changeable in the string table above.

Note: Shadow models are required but cannot be animated to follow aircraft animation. If you do not like the shadow showing on the body of the aircraft, in the config call up the shadow_inv.im file which is an invisible shadow.

Airbus is not a manufacturer of US origin but Frontier Airlines is headquartered in Denver Colorado,

Airbus A319-131 Frontier Airlines (Cloe) Startup (2001+)
Downloaded: 2094
File Size:3.34 MB
Created by:Rob725
Date:13th June 2015
KUID2:<KUID2:590184:100217:3>

/Restricted/trainz/TRAINZ2009/locomotives/kuid2_590184_100217_3.cdp

Description:
A reskin with permission from Ian Manion (Vulcan)
An Airbus A319-131 Frontier Airlines aircraft called 'Cloe' the Deer Fawn, number N943FR.
It operates on invisible track and will load passengers at a suitable landing area. The real aircraft is a shorter version of the A320 and can carry up to 156 passengers.

The aircraft has an automatically operating landing gear. This retracts at takeoff speed (280 kph) set in the script. It lowers at speeds below 280kph. The speeds for tilting and landing gear retraction on takeoff may be altered in the string table - speeds are in kph. Flaps operate automatically at speeds below 400kph.

The aircraft has a number of animations that can be operated by keyboard keys, or the Aircraft Action Trigger, kuid:76656:24050, when placed on track and set to the correct number:

- flare for landing, V key.
- the flaps operate automatically at speeds below 400 kph, changeable in the string table.

This has the Aircraft triggers set to the correct settings to operate the aircraft as from a carrier: <kuid:60238:1085>,<kuid:60238:1084>

and davies_mike57 routes with sessions: https://forums.auran.com/threads/nsw-railcars-fault.176559/post-2006638

An easy way to replace an airplane or helicopter in a session.
You need to install the one that we like, open the folder for editing, copy this folder to any place. In the config, replace the kuid with the one that is listed in the session.
Then, through CM, delete both (which is needed for the session and the one they decided to replace) and export from the folder with the changed kuid.

Last edited:
A bit of a bump for this thread, but I think most of the aircraft by papou and vulcan are drivable. You have to lay invisible track in the sky for them to follow.

Back