Down load station question.

gt350

How is it when you go to manage content the items to download do not show what category it belong to. If the item does not have the best description you might download a route when you thought you were down loading one item. Is this just me or does anyone else have this issue.
I would like to point out the post regarding things that do not work in Trainz are far and few. This is a big change and shows the hard work that was done on this program.
Happy New Year.
Chucik

Hi,
with the Content Manager (TANE and upwards) you can right click the mouse on the title bar. This allows you to add or delete a column, one of these is a column for “category”.
You may need to delete a column or two to avoid scrolling sideways.

If you feel like experimenting a bit, try clicking the small icon below the top write-in box.
you can then add other filters (e.g. country, minimum build, category) to reduce rhe umber of items you see. Then rename your search and it will be saved for next time.

have a good 2023,
Colin

I must be doing something wrong. Right clicking brings up nothing. I do use the filter for various items, daily I set it up just to show todays content.

Yes I was doing something wrong. I how have "Type" as one of columns but the descriptions of the items are still the same IE Name, Author, Status, Asset ID, Trainz version, Size on disk, modification date, installation date, dls upload date, No mention of Type. I can sort by type but still don't know what category it is.

In the "Type" Column, it should say whether each asset is "Building" or "Train" or "Vehicle" or Texture", etc. This is NOT the same as the "Type" tag in the config.txt file. Are you looking for things like "category-class", "category-region", and category-era"? I don't think those are available for listing either.

Last edited:
Here are all the CM column headings that are available:-
CM-Headings.png

Right mouse click on a column heading and select Delete Column to remove it
Right mouse click on a column heading and select Insert Column and select the column name to add it (does not work if all the columns have already been added)
Hold the left mouse button down on a column heading and drag it left or right to move it
Hold the left mouse button down on the vertical line between column headings and drag it left or right to resize it

Note that there is no Description column. You can get an assets description (and thumbnail) by double clicking on its name.

Last edited:
In Trainz 22 there are icons next to the name that tell what the asset category is.

I guess I am not explaining my issue correctly. If I click on one of the column say type it will list the content by type but no where does it show me type of content it is. I am running 22 in Trainz + and there are no icons next to the items name.

If using thumbnail view, you can still filter on Category = xxx which will then only show items of the specific category you choose.

Back