Double head locos

Joe_T

Trainz user since 2003
Hi all does anyone know of a way that I can get 2 locos with a set of individual commands to couple up and not have one of them delete the others commands? For example:

Loco A couples to Loco B then they both go couple up to a rake of coaches and then double head the train. I then want Loco A to round round the coaches and work the train back but I want Loco B to go and sit in a siding for a while.

Anyone know how I can do this?

Have you looked at TPR's Scenario Creation System (SCS2006)? <kuid:[FONT=Verdana, Arial]41009:1046> This rule will enable to you achieve as complex a sequence of train movements as you likely could imagine. :) Though it does have a bit of a steep learning curve, there is extensive documentation that comes with it.
[/FONT]

Louise
You get the same problem with banking engines where the engine is attached and then detached from the consist.

There is an invisible signal box on the DLS that is set up as an loco, put it somewhere on your route (on a short length of invisible track). In the schedule for your consist; drive to a track mark, the driver moves to the signal box, the second loco then couples to the consist and takes control of it.

Drive it to a new track mark, uncouple the second loco and drive it away. The first driver can then move back from the signal box to the original loco and resume control of the consist.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Back