DLS Wont Let me Download Any Content

KCS617

When I run my DLS. It works perfectly. The only problem is that when ever I search something up. It always says, "There are no items to display." For example, usually if I were to search up Subway. I would end up getting alot of items. But when I do it now. I dont get anything popping up for items. Any help.:(

I just searched for subway and got 153 items. If you got nothing then the DLS was down or you connection to the DLS is bad.

Bob

I just searched for subway and got 153 items. If you got nothing then the DLS was down or you connection to the DLS is bad.

Bob
I doubt that DLS has been down, because I've been trying it for days. And it wont work. If my connections bad. How do I fix it?

DLS indeed has some big problems. I am trying to download for weeks SOMETHING, ANYTHING from there and i cannot. I just bought the game and honestly i am sorry for the money spent.
Here is what happens to me: If i click on "Download" link, CMP opens and immediately i got the Server full message. I left my CMP opend for about 9 hours, still nothing. When i tried with the ftp, the password supplied there is not working.

I wonder why people still upload their content here, where is obvious that for many users is difficulat , even impossible to download. Because to change this very complicated download system i think its too late. I think a serial number verification would have been more than enough to get any file simple, with a "save as" type of download.

I never thought that my first post here will be a negative one :(

DLS indeed has some big problems. I am trying to download for weeks SOMETHING, ANYTHING from there and i cannot. I just bought the game and honestly i am sorry for the money spent.
Here is what happens to me: If i click on "Download" link, CMP opens and immediately i got the Server full message. I left my CMP opend for about 9 hours, still nothing. When i tried with the ftp, the password supplied there is not working.
Some users have big problems - I feel sorry for anybody who can't be bothered do a search here first before waiting nine hours but hey, it's not my time you are wasting.

Paul

Its CMP again

I will not give up using CMP, it does make editing and keeping control of content easy. BUT!! downloading is as many posts have been in the past a joke. Yesterday was one of the those days, it would start then give up and freeze. But today is different - no matter what or how much I down load it works every time, so whats changed???
I do not know - certainly nothing to do with my PC, but may be its the time of day (mid morning in the UK), may be Virgin have suddenly given me extra band width? Could it be that I have just activated a new download ticket?
There is one change on CMP that I have noticed, then I down load the speed graph now goes a solid blue whilst down loading - is this a clue????
NOTE - having posted this this morning on another thread - guess what CMP just hangs - Its got to be band width on connection to a server somewhere, CMP does not appear to like slow(??) links
progress.gif

I wonder why people still upload their content here, where is obvious that for many users is difficulat , even impossible to download. Because to change this very complicated download system i think its too late. I think a serial number verification would have been more than enough to get any file simple, with a "save as" type of download.

I never thought that my first post here will be a negative one :(

Hi Okhiu !

First of all : Welcome to the forum ! :wave:

The solution : Try to log out of your Planet Auran profile, and the log in again. This will help in 99 % of the cases. If not, then drop a line and let's see what can be done about it.

Kind regards, Allan.

Hi Okhiu !

First of all : Welcome to the forum ! :wave:

The solution : Try to log out of your Planet Auran profile, and the log in again. This will help in 99 % of the cases. If not, then drop a line and let's see what can be done about it.

Kind regards, Allan.
I did that and it didnt work. I went to planet auran.com and logged out then logged back in and it didnt work. any other ideas.

KCS617,

When you enter the DLS, your version is listed in the search box, recently Auran decided to "check mark" only the latest two versions you have registered . In order to search the complete DLS you must click on the others , TC ,06 ,04 , UTC, Trainz, SP3, this will search for all versions .

This is possibly not your problem , just a thought ---DLR

KCS617,

When you enter the DLS, your version is listed in the search box, recently Auran decided to "check mark" only the latest two versions you have registered . In order to search the complete DLS you must click on the others , TC ,06 ,04 , UTC, Trainz, SP3, this will search for all versions .

This is possibly not your problem , just a thought ---DLR
Its not the DLS your talking about. Its the CMP thats wont let me search anything besides stuff I already downloaded.

Its not the DLS your talking about. Its the CMP thats wont let me search anything besides stuff I already downloaded.

Why don't you try to d/load without CMP, you can d/load from the download page through the FTP link and "Save as..." with your right mouse button. This will save the item selected as a .cdp file. This is OK if you only want to d/load a few items.

But then again, I usually d/load a whole lot of items belonging to a route this way, it take a bit longer but it works and you get the benefit of having the .cdp file as a backup already after you install it.

You also do not need CMP to search for items, as said above, use the DLS search function(s) for it.

Just some thoughts :)

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Why don't you try to d/load without CMP, you can d/load from the download page through the FTP link and "Save as..." with your right mouse button. This will save the item selected as a .cdp file. This is OK if you only want to d/load a few items.

But then again, I usually d/load a whole lot of items belonging to a route this way, it take a bit longer but it works and you get the benefit of having the .cdp file as a backup already after you install it.

You also do not need CMP to search for items, as said above, use the DLS search function(s) for it.

Just some thoughts :)

Cheers

VinnyBarb
I just tried it, when i right click the FTP code "/Restricted/trainz/TRAINZ01/buildingsstructures/kuid_58223_28087.cdp" all i can do is copy. How do i save as for it. And KCS617 is my other account. Just so everyone knows.

Last edited:
Back