DLS Lying about Download Quotas

TXRFan

Why is it that for the last 3 days CMP has been telling me I have used up my 100MB quota when I most certainly have not?

Please don't suggest I buy a FCT. I don't download much and since Auran forces content onto the DLS they can at least maintain it.

-Mike

Hi TRXfan,

If you are in the habit of leaving yourself logged in to the DLS all the time, log out and close your browser, wait about five min, reconnect then log in again. This sometimes fixes it.

Cheers,
Bill69

and since Auran forces content onto the DLS they can at least maintain it.

Auran forces nothing onto the DLS, you are free to host your creations where you like.
I suggest you calm down, then maybe someone may feel like helping you.

Black don't be mean, he may not know how things always work. The DLS is going through maitnence as one of the mods said. ( I can't think of who) It should be retored back to normal in a few days. If not I will be more thanhappy to contact one of them for you.

Ryan

Invariably this error is due to attempting to download a layout that has more than 100 mbs in dependencies.

Clear your download cart and make sure its empty.

Before you try and download anything, what is CMP advising you?
In the white status bar at the top, what does it say?
This needs to read 100 mbs available for download, if it doesn't you will need to refresh CMP (F5) or even re-install the game to clear and re-load the database.

Again, clear your download cart and make sure its empty.

Why is it that for the last 3 days CMP has been telling me I have used up my 100MB quota when I most certainly have not?

Please don't suggest I buy a FCT. I don't download much and since Auran forces content onto the DLS they can at least maintain it.

-Mike

There a number of sites that don't have a download restriction. Have a look through the fan sites.

Unfortunately they do not have the variety of the DLS nor do they try to have all the dependencies available.

Have you looked at this thread http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=23748

Before the current DLS it would be download the layout then go searching the web for the dependencies to various web sites. It was awkward to find updated content, and really a bit like a treasure hunt. As people dropped out of Trainz or the content creators decided people would no longer be interested in an item so items simply were not available.

The DLS works very nicely. I would recommend a First Class ticket but you can still download routes and things with more than a 100 MB of dependencies by downloading the dependancies first, then the route.

Cheerio John

Black don't be mean, he may not know how things always work. The DLS is going through maitnence as one of the mods said. ( I can't think of who) It should be retored back to normal in a few days. If not I will be more thanhappy to contact one of them for you.

Ryan
Thank you. My post was a bit more gruff than perhaps it should have been as Trainz has been frustrating lately. I was only trying to download a few MB of bnsf50's level crossings. I was able to get the content via ftp even while CMP could not due to the quota business. As for some of the helpful suggests, I believe I tried everyhing:

1) The only thing CMP said was I had used up my download quota. I would be a lot more helpful if it had said something about the server being down for maintenance.

2)There was nothing in my cart. CMP said I had 0.00MB left of my quota for days.

3) I don't stay logged on to the DLS all the time. In fact, if I'm not downloading stuff, I remove my username and password from the CMP settings so I don't have to wait for the password validation.

4) I tried redoing my password in my Auran profile.

5) I was not trying to download a layout, let alone anywhere near 100MB of stuff.

One useful thing I did learn from this experience is using the download cart for the primary download plus the dependancies. This way, if I download something that I end up liking I already have the files to archive. Backing up dependances from CMP is not a pleasant nor confidence building process. Of course, this approach would be very tedious with a 100MB+ route, FCT or not.

My frustration from Trainz stems from a common problem with software these days -- moving on to the new version and adding "features" while ignoring the fact that the old version has piles of bugs. Sadly, TS2009 is a typical example of this problem. I don't know what magic hardware people are using to get some of the glowing TS2009 reviews -- on my machine, TS2009 runs like crap. This is a machine that runs TRS2006 and TC3 very well as well as every other simulation and game title I throw at it. I bought TC3 to get the steam sound and smoke effects without all the baggage that TS2009 brings with it.

Thanks for the help.

-Mike

Back