Diamond rule..PLS see pics inside

jankvis

Somewhere in the layout..
Don't refer to earlier treads, as I for some reason can't open them, I've searched allready!!....

Look at the picture, I just cant get the diamond crossover rule to work properly. Si I have designed two strait lines crossing eachother without any mambo jambo, just the two lines and the 4 signals (BR4). I named the 4 signals N, E , S and W.

Then I lined up two trains crossing each other, the first going from west to east, and the second going from north to south.

diamondr1es8.jpg

The east signal is to left, the south on the picture is the upper one (and west is to the right, and finally the north signal down on the picture)

diamondr3tf1.jpg

This is what happens, the signal with the red ring doesent turn red when the blue train passes, but turns red when passing the east signal !!!!! and STAYS red....

diamondr2lm7.jpg

My settings in the property box

So whatever I put in the property box it never works, so can sombody clear this out????????????????????????????????????????????????

what to put here:

diamondr4bl6.jpg

I would be thankfull if someone know the right answer, (again, PLS don't refer to any other treads) and kindly to reply here ....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Try turning that switcher around (reverse the red and green arrows). Right now the signal is showing the status behind the engine. The engine must be traveling forward to have the signal register correctly.

Try turning that switcher around (reverse the red and green arrows). Right now the signal is showing the status behind the engine. The engine must be traveling forward to have the signal register correctly.

Yea right, but the picture was just showing the set up in surveyor, ingame (while testing) it have the right direction....but unfortunatly the picture shows wrong as u pointed out...

I dont know to much about this rule I use the trigger rule instead works 100% plus 1 question are you naming the signals separate as that no other signal has the same name?

I dont know to much about this rule I use the trigger rule instead works 100% plus 1 question are you naming the signals separate as that no other signal has the same name?

..Yea, i use unique names for every signal in the diamond croosing. But tell more about the trigger and how to use it (which trigger do u refer to??)...I've been testing this diamond rule for hours and tried every combination...but it wont work properly, so I need expert help on this one......

I use the TRIGGER MULTI SIGNALS RULE

basically name each trigger and signal seprately example trigger 1t / signal 1s etc... this way i have each paired....

What it will do is first train to activate trigger it will stop all others til that train clears the trigger..... signals red...

Dave =)

I don't know if this will help you or not but when I was fooling around with the diamond crossing rule (in 06) for my Box Butte route I discovered that I needed a minimum of three signals on the approach to the crossing from each direction for the crossing rule to function correctly.

I don't know if this will help you or not but when I was fooling around with the diamond crossing rule (in 06) for my Box Butte route I discovered that I needed a minimum of three signals on the approach to the crossing from each direction for the crossing rule to function correctly.

Ok, but how to place the signals in relation to the crossing point...I got it to work, but in the wrong way, what seems to be the right placement aint and instead of protecting the crossing point, it blocks the crossing point after a train has passed ( the train on pic 2 is at the west signal moving east and if it worked it should trigger the north signal at that point but for some reason it dont, and when it has moved across it triggers the north signal (to red) at east!! and it won't turn green after...)

I use the TRIGGER MULTI SIGNALS RULE

basically name each trigger and signal seprately example trigger 1t / signal 1s etc... this way i have each paired....

What it will do is first train to activate trigger it will stop all others til that train clears the trigger..... signals red...

Dave =)

THX Dave:) This rule is just PERFECT for the job!!!

1. Line up 4 distances with the ruler with the same distance from the centre of the crossing...then place 4 signals JUST outside the range (if the trigger distance is 100, then u can select 101 m)

signaltriggerbr2.jpg

2. Then place the trigger in the middle....set the trigger distance to 100 or watever u choose....

signaltrigger1ha2.jpg

3. Add the rule and add all 4 signals (remember give them names!!), then finally add the trigger.....

signaltrigger2th8.jpg

This solves the problem with diamond crossing, but remember u have a little deadzone (the space between the signals and the trigger zone, in this case 1-5 meters).

The first train to enter the zone will block the crossing until it has leaved the zone.........:):D

What happens if 2 trains arrive at the same time? Will they block each other?

andyz

Yea, they will, but the "timing" needs to be completely perfect for this to happen.It also matter if u manage to get the signal closest possible to the trigger zone, (less dead zone), but not IN it). This can teoretically happen when trains travel trough a route with regular signals too (both cathed on red), but the chance is so close to zero that u never will see it happen (if the signaling is corectly placed!!)...At least I didn't experience any problem while running this over and over again, and the test included several triggers and signals. I even tried to get them to enter the trigger at the same time, but one did block the other each time....But correct me if I'm wrong on this:confused:

In the example in the picture I've used the same trigger for the 2 paths, but in the testing I've done I used 2 different triggers as the layout for the 2 directions was different. I have an industry area with many tracks (it lays close a main station) and I used triggers to block all the tracks going into the mainline. This is usefull when u have many trains passing by..u can focus on the high priority trains and let the trains less important trains use the mainline after.....

I've tried out the multiple signal trigger rule in the map I'm building right now, and I must say it can be used in a wide range of situations...I'm new here and I'm certain that u experienced guys can get alot more out of it than me,.........so I need to test it out some ;) more......

Last edited:
Hi everybody,

This looks fine for controlling ONE crossing but I can't see how you would set the rule if you have other crossings on your route.

Has anyone already done this who can suggest how?

Just had a thought!! Do you add the rule several times?

Thanks in advance.

TD

I use it with 20 crossings and each crossing has it s own rule for example adding new rule and renaming them seperately like rule jct1, jct 2, etc....

Dave =)

Hi everybody,

This looks fine for controlling ONE crossing but I can't see how you would set the rule if you have other crossings on your route.

Has anyone already done this who can suggest how?

Just had a thought!! Do you add the rule several times?

Thanks in advance.

TD

As Dave pointed out:
U can add as many rules u want...only ur imagination limits it;)

There is also a german trigger for controlling signals (it looks like the markers except for the colour, it's blue), it looks handy, but I haven't figured out how to use it because it's written in German, but I will test it out...

signaltriggergermanvi8.jpg

Last edited:
Update on the signal trigger.....

I posted a request at the German side on this forum, and got answer from the creator of this trigger...here is his reply:

This trigger is created by me, but not via DLS available (KUID 137715:23015).

The trigger can set a signal state at the map start and if a train enter the trigger. But don't forget the second trigger after the signal to set the state back. Works with "normal" (without script) signals and some other. If the state can't be set or works not right, maybe the used signal have a script to control the own signal state independece of the Trainz signal state.

"Nachricht bei Initalisierung" -> message (signal state) to the signal at map start (init)
If yes, you'll see a second menu (same as your picture), but only for the map start (to set a signal state).

The options:
"Signal auf Halt" -> Set signal to danger
"Signal auf Halt erwarten" -> Set signal to caution
"Signal auf Fahrt" -> Set signal to proceed
"Signal auf Automatik" -> Set signal to automatic
"Benutzerdefinierte Nachricht" -> user defined message send to signal (only for signals by me or for/from FCCA)

Hope my english is O.K. for this short description...
MfG BPanther (Mike) - KUID: 137715 - TRS2004 (SP4), TRS2006 (SP1)

It's only available trough his web-site, just follow the FCCA link and u find it on his page;), and here is a link to his kuid list:

http://trainz.mbremer.de/kuid-liste.htm

So many thanks to Mike....:)

Jan

Last edited:
And then there is the "ControlDiamCross2004" driver command (131986:1047), wich works with the "work table" rule (131986:1047) all by atilabarut. There are versions for TRS2006 as well.

Cheers,
andyz

And then there is the "ControlDiamCross2004" driver command (131986:1047), wich works with the "work table" rule (131986:1047) all by atilabarut. There are versions for TRS2006 as well.

Cheers,
andyz

THX Andy....:) , lots of goodies.....

Back