DEM Programs in 2010

lonewood

I have searched the forum for this & couldn't find it.
Will any DEM programs be compatible with TRS2010, if so which will work best.

G'day lonewood,

As far as I can ascertain, any and all of the currently available programs for creating DEM based routes will be quite capable of creating routes for the new 2010 version of Trainz, provided that you do not wish to take advantage of the 5 meter grid introduced in TS 2009. Outstanding amongst this 'lot' is TransDEM, which, if you're prepared to wait just a little while longer, will very shortly become available in an updated version that is compatible with the above mentioned grid enhancements...

...of course, it should be noted that TransDEM is payware (whereas most of the others are free) but, given it's capabilities, it's (and I probably shouldn't say this with the 'creator' "listening" in) cost is but a mere pittance...

...please excuse the unashamed plug for a program with which I have no affiliations other than being a very pleased user...

Jerker {:)}

G'day lonewood,

As far as I can ascertain, any and all of the currently available programs for creating DEM based routes will be quite capable of creating routes for the new 2010 version of Trainz, provided that you do not wish to take advantage of the 5 meter grid introduced in TS 2009. Outstanding amongst this 'lot' is TransDEM, which, if you're prepared to wait just a little while longer, will very shortly become available in an updated version that is compatible with the above mentioned grid enhancements...

...of course, it should be noted that TransDEM is payware (whereas most of the others are free) but, given it's capabilities, it's (and I probably shouldn't say this with the 'creator' "listening" in) cost is but a mere pittance...

...please excuse the unashamed plug for a program with which I have no affiliations other than being a very pleased user...

Jerker {:)}

Just to add you can convert the DEM or sections of it to 5m squares for those final fine tweaks after getting it into 2009.

Back