Deleting Trainz Temporarily

SRKing783

''Trainz Veteran''
Hi all,

Recently, macOS Monterey has been released, and requires about 16.5 GB of storage. I care because I have a Mac that currently has about 15 GB left, and that’s just enough to not have Monterey. I’m currently updating to Big Sur 11.6.1 as I write this, in the hopes that I’ll get a gigabyte or two of storage back. However, I was wondering if deleting Trainz A New Era will do anything bad to all of the content I have.

The app itself takes up 16.53 GB on my computer, with the content folder taking up about 45 GB, and is filled with not only content from the DLS, but also content that is lost to time. I’m just wondering - will deleting the app itself (through System Information) also delete my Trainz content folder? This is only temporary - after I install Monterey I’m going to reinstall Trainz. I’m hoping it doesn’t delete the content folder… but I’ve never had to clear storage on my computer until just now. (I really do think I’ll upgrade soon… maybe splurge on TRS19 then…)

I dunno. Your thoughts?

I know that on windows that if you delete the Userdata folder that Trainz references to, you not only lose everything you've done in Trainz, but also the DLC, which can be found in the Packages subsection.

Move your content folder to another drive if you can. The program its self only takes up about 15 GB. Reconnecting to your data-folder is pretty easy once it's moved and you don't lose anything at all in the process.

If you want to increase a lot of space, empty out the backups folder. These backups are created every time you edit, update, or modify content and depending upon the size of the files, this can add up pretty quickly. Today alone, I deleted 18 GB of old backups. I keep 7-days worth then clear them if I don't need them. This number can be set in the Launcher under settings and Dev tab.

Back