Default C-41 Consolodation

That it is, Denver & Rio Grande Western C-41 class. A handful of these were rebuilt in 1928 and 1930 into the narrow gauge K-37 class.

00009595.jpg

Cool

Sounds cool! So that explains the large boiler size of the K-37, Thanks!

Last edited:
That it is, Denver & Rio Grande Western C-41 class. A handful of these were rebuilt in 1928 and 1930 into the narrow gauge K-37 class.

00009595.jpg

Yes only a handful of them have been rebuilt for narrow gauge operations as 2-8-2s while the rest remained as 2-8-0s which includes the 1015 which was probably scrapped in 1947 but I could be wrong!:cool:

1015 is the only standard gauge locomotive Todd ever built.

1015 specifically was built in 1924, and scrapped in 1947. Sister locomotive 1014 was converting into a K-37 as 490

You can view the whole D&RGW Roster at

www.DRGW.org

Sounds

I've converted the default C-41 to Prowler901s K-36 cab and sounds. It sounds a whole lot more authentic than that "tea kettle" puff that it made before.

how do you convert a locomotive with a non operating cab to one with an operating cab?

Todd's K-27's have a non operating cab interior, while the K-27 kitbash that Ben Neal did has an operating cab. But when I swapped the interior KUID, it gave all the engines a fatal error, so their is much more to the process then I know about

I don't suppose you could email me the reinvented C-41? Maybe with some new textures, she could hit the rails again and be a little more up to date

Maybe when I get Trainz running again (need a Hard Drive for my computer ill work on it and make a few sister locomotives

The revamp plans

1. The fire box should look like it's actually in the cab.
2. reflections on the body of the locomotive would look nice!
3. possibly a rear headlight on the tender.
4. I'd be cool to have the later Rio Grande on the tender.:)

I would be more then happy to reskin the locomotive when my computer is running again (which may take some time)

But as far as adding detail, don't bother, it would be easier to build from scratch the rebuild the existing locomotive. Plus Its Todd's, he has the choice

---

Thank you for considering it! It will take much of the weight off my shoulders because I have a LOT of plans!

Big Boy 4-8-8-4

Could you imagine that a locomotive that HUGE could make tiny chuffs like the default steam noises? That'l be my day when I hear that!

Back