Dead Squares in Grid

jjslll54

Member since Nov 2001
Hello,

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but I seem to have dead spots in my grid. I can't move them to adjust the terrain. I have to move over a couple of squares and it will then move the dead section along with the square I am hovering over. My build number is 116009. Computer specs: Rysen9 3900x RTX2060 6G with 64 G system ram. Hopefully N3V is aware of this and it will get fixed in the next upgrade.

Jacob

You mean blank squares?

This could be bad textures or slow-loading textures. Try getting the textures from the surface then pasting in the same spot. This will force an update to the baseboards.

No, this is mainly the ability to adjust the height at one of the points where the squares meet. Makes it real hard to get the kinks and zigzaggedness out of the grid when smoothing out hills and sharp edges.

Jacob
[h=3][/h]

I think I understand what you mean. I thought you had meant blank white baseboards. Bad textures can cause that so keep that one in mind for the future.

For this, increase your sensitivity in the terrain tool. I have to do that when I smooth and level terrain, otherwise, nothing happens.

Back