Dan River Route(Still updating)

More new screens

Shot at 2007-07-27

A NS coal train in Reidsville,NC It has plenty of industries here too!!

Shot at 2007-07-27

Two Trains in Reidsville,The Station is on the right and other industries on the right.

Shot at 2007-07-27

Industries Again!!:D This is in Eastern Reidsville and the crossing signals are starting up for the NS coal train(two pictures above)The Coal Train had to wait for the Sd70-M to cross first it's one track past this crossing and two more crossings.

Shot at 2007-07-27

Another pic from the one above going through the historic American Lumber Company(Now dead).

Shot at 2007-07-27

NS autorack train going to Greensboro,NC here in Western Reidsville.
Note: I used the caboose to activate the crossing on the bottom of the screen since it's a double crossing setup.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Any comments?

Lookin better. But in the first set of pics you posted tonight,in the first pic the branchline turns are a little to sharp of a turn.

You mean the 5 track picture thing.The reason is because if i straighten it some,It leans to the track too close.Remember this is a REal Route called Dan River in real life.I 'm trying to make a replica.

Yes that the pic I mean.And yes I understand its a real route so you want to make it real,but in real life I don't think a RR would have turns that tight. But its just my 2 cents.

Look good great very improved than before! But 1 MORE THING that you need more repair on number 1 on top picture, it switch need more take straight and shape curve too:). Good great work keep up on your route:)!

Norfolk Southern and Amtrak got trackage rights,CSX has it a little bit.My pictures are coming tommorow in the mean time, people can commet on these pictures.

Why is nobody posting here?:(i don't want this thread to die.:'(

Don't worry about this thread dying diesel9, you want to concentrate more on your new layout, which looks extremely promising I must say. Take your time with it, don't rush to get it uploaded onto the DLS, get it factually correct and just keep going and I'm sure that the congratulatory posts will come big time, as and when you get it finished.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Don't worry about this thread dying diesel9, you want to concentrate more on your new layout, which looks extremely promising I must say. Take your time with it, don't rush to get it uploaded onto the DLS, get it factually correct and just keep going and I'm sure that the congratulatory posts will come big time, as and when you get it finished.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Yeah I'm agree with ex-railwayman,

Hey Diesel9,

don't worry that you said "don't peoples not post on your screenshot" but maybe peoples will take jumpy in your thread screenshot because maybe peoples are still at work, sleep, hang out with friend or go to vacation so peoples will coming back then peoples will take check on your screenshot then peoples will take posted on your thread screenshot. So right now I here so I will post on your screenshot thread right now:) DON"T WORRK ABOUT THAT SO PLEASE BE SMILEY AND PLEASE KEEP UP ON YOUR ROUTE!:)

New Screens again!

Shot at 2007-07-28

BEHOLD!!! The Douglas H. Gaylon Station in Downtown Greensboro,NC(Where the Pomona Yard is located at) It's also a bus station!

Shot at 2007-07-28

Different View from above it shows some more tracks in the back of the station.These Some of these tracks hasn't been used in years and for some, only 1 train a week.

More pictures probably tonight having some imageshack problems

Here's some more!!

Shot at 2007-07-28

NS Sd-40 coming from Eden,NC and entering one of the main lines in Danville,VA.

Shot at 2007-07-28

This is the Entrance to the Pomana Yard!!

Here's some pictures of Burlington,NC It may have only very few industires but it does have a little scenery.

Shot at 2007-07-31

This is Haw River,In Burlington farther back you can see US 70.

Shot at 2007-07-31

A minute later a train comes!!

More to come soon!!

Here's some new screens

Shot at 2007-08-02

Really old industries in Eastern Greensboro(It's a high crime area there)It goes to 2 industries which all is abandoned now.

Shot at 2007-08-02

Different view.

Shot at 2007-08-02

A Double Stack Trailer Train passing through Troublesome Creek in Summersfield(It had a flash flood 2 days ago).No Trains ran that day.:(

Shot at 2007-08-02

A different view from a bridge.

What do you think about these screens?

Nice! But 1 MORE THING! So you need more repair on the bridge and tracks too. Also you forget add the ground it ballast pour on the tracks?

Back