CSX Heritage Units, What if?

I like your take on the WM unit with the red cab sides. Here is my version, albeit one in a world where CSX did not come into play as far as the WM was concerned:

wm_sd70m_2_by_simulatortrain-d4djbjm.jpg

Not to exclude the earlier schemes, here is 150th anniversary fireball unit 231:

wm_anniversary_sd70m_by_simulatortrain-d4z4f44.png

And while I'm posting:

csx_heritage_ac6000cw_by_simulatortrain-d42b66e.jpg

Now that incentive to fire up my pixel modifier and do some painting.

Those Western Maryland units are very very nice, and just what I would use on
my version of the WM... modern day style.

-AL

The Boston and Albany had New York Central paint at the end of their life, just before Penn Central took over. I vaguely remember seeing the famous Grey and white stripes with Boston and Albany on the locos and cars instead of New York Central System. There were plenty of RDCs with Boston and Albany on them. They eventually were pooled together when the MBTA took over commuter operations. I rode on a few of the commuter cars and RDCs in and out of Boston on the Haverhill line (now the line to Portland Maine) during the 1980s. Anyway, they became a subsidiary of the NYC in 1885, but continued as a wholly-owned independent subsidiary which would explain the similar paint scheme but different name.
While passenger cars and RDCs had B&A on them, diesel locomotives did not. There were steamers marked for the B&A but when NYC went diesel, every one of them got the same NYC paint with variations to coloring, striping, but always NYC markings except for the P&LE, P&E and the CUT. There were never any B&A so if someone wanted to do fictional B&A, it is entirely open as to what B&A paint would look like.

Back