Creating an unloader for Minerals

Wombat2

Help! Can anyone out there give me some advice on how to configure a LARS unloader for minerals please? I've created a quarry where I can load minerals (eg sand or ballast etc)and I want to deliver it to a wharf and unload it, but so far I can't get any of my minerals hoppers to do it. They load without any problems at the quarry but when the train arrives at the wharf, nothing happens. I'm using a LARS generic unloader but I have no idea how to configure it. Would appreciate any help you can give.

Wombat,

I see that this is your first post, so allow me to be the first to say: Welcome, to the addiction that is Trainz.

I can try and help, but first we need some more info to work with. So, what is the name of the asset you are using to unload at the wharf, and is it configured to unload the products you are carrying?
If it isn't that can be changed, but first knowing what asset you are attempting to use would help a lot.

Matt.

Thanks for the welcome and for your quick reply.
I am using TS2010 Engineer's Edition. The loading unit is "Bati Quarry" configured for ballast, the unloader is "Basic Loader-Unloader for LARS Ammonium Nitrate & Bulk Products". Hope this helps, look forward to hearing from you again.

Philskene has LARS Aggregates,<kuid2:69871:10011:1> already configured as LARS Aggregates industry interactive track for loading and unloading a large number of mineral type products, including ballast, coal, gravels, iron ores, limestone, quartz, sands, and sulphur"
This kuid is use in most of his routes.

Bob

Thanks for the welcome and for your quick reply.
I am using TS2010 Engineer's Edition. The loading unit is "Bati Quarry" configured for ballast, the unloader is "Basic Loader-Unloader for LARS Ammonium Nitrate & Bulk Products". Hope this helps, look forward to hearing from you again.

Wombat,

Just had a look at the Basic Loader-Unloader, and that is where the problem lies. That particular asset is not configured to produce or consume Ballast.
There are a few solutions to this problem, the easiest being to go with rweber95's idea, and DL the industry he suggested which is configured to accept Ballast.

The next option would be to use a Multiple Industry New, which should be built-in to 2010. These are fairly easy to set up once you understand the different options, and a search of the forums will lead to a few tutorials on getting them set up.

The other option is to edit the config. file through Content Manager. By opening for edit through CM, you can add the relevant info needed to make ballast a commodity that is supported by the Basic Unloader. Unfortunately, i am unable to provide detailed instructions on this procedure at the moment, however if you wish to take this option, i am sure that somebody can provide precise instructions as to the procedure here; just say that you want to do that. Someone will come along with the relevant info.

Matt.

Last edited:
Thanks Matt, I'll take all that on board and see what comes out in the wash. I think I'll go fist with rweber's suggestion.
Many thanks to you all.

Thanks Matt, I'll take all that on board and see what comes out in the wash. I think I'll go fist with rweber's suggestion.
Many thanks to you all.

Wombat,

No problems. Sing out if you require any assistance. Myself or someone else more capable will offer what we can.

Matt.

Back