Couple at Trackmark

Thierry_St_Malo

Hi, all!
As I needed to sort out automatic coupling/decoupling problems in AI, I downloaded Smileyman's "Two Trains" tutorial and found it extremely useful (Thanks, Smileyman:) !) As I was at it, I took the liberty of making the route a little more French and to adapt it to TRS2007 (the French version of TRS2006+SP1), and I put it into the French Trainz part of my site http://www.tvi-sarl.com, with all due acknowledgements, of course. Hopefully, Smileyman won't mind.
Now, my question is: the "Couple at Trackmark" driver order has obviously a "range". How can I estimate it? I mean how far the extremity of the car to be coupled to can it be from the trackmark's "head"? Half the trackmark's width + X meters/yards? Anything else? Any way to adjust this "range"?
Thanks,
Thierry

Ive used this command widely on my routes and as far as i know the trackmark needs to be on the same track as the consist to work. Ive not come across any problems of distance from consist as i think it reads the track and not radius in the same way an engine will find the wagon to couple to.

Back