Could Someone Help me with a few things?

Kandex

Question 1: Are TRS2004 items usable in TRS2006?
Question 2: How to download items from an external link without the download helper? Like Magandy.net?

1st question, yes you can use everything made in TRS2004 in 2006.
2nd question, for example if you download from the DLS then you will go into the DL page and click the first DL not the one that says using CMP(content manger plus). But I'm not sure why you wouldn't use download helper. You will DL it to your desktop,then you will see a CDP file on your desktop,double clik on it,then it should install and CMP should pop up unless it already open,then a smaller window will open saying that xxxxxxx asset has been installed.
P.S. welcome to the forums and trainz2006

Last edited:
I STILL need help!

UGH!!!
I downloaded it, but before a started up Trainz from the Download Helper,it says, "You have uncommitted items. if you do not commit them, they will not show in trainz. Commit?"
And when I "commit" it, I do the same thing as mentioned above, and the SAME THING HAPPENS!! :'( Somebody help me before I explode...

Hello Kandex, when you have downloaded an asset successfully it will appear in your CMP, there you will see lots of small boxes in the main bulk of the page, 2 of them are very important, called Open for Edit and Missing Dependencies. If you find your downloaded item the boxes on that row of various icons shows a hammer and spanner crossed. If it is highlighted black that means that the item has to be committed for it to work in Surveyor / Driver. Right Click your cursor on your downloaded item and a big box will appear, scroll down to edit and follow the arrow and another smaller box will appear and at the bottom of this is Commit, now when you have clicked on this the item should then be greyed out and is ready for play, but, if a Bright Red exclamation mark appears it means that there is a problem with your asset that needs to be repaired and requires further attention before you can use it in your game. Sorry if this expanation went on a little, but I'm sure you get the idea of how to commit your downloaded items to be able to use them properly.
Happy trainzing.
ex-railwayman.

If there's a little yellow puzzle piece with a ? in it, right-click the asset and choose "Download." Next, click the tab on the left side that says "Download Helper" and hit "Start." If there's anything still missing or otherwise not avaliable (i.e. not on the DLS or is "obsoleted by a later version), post the KUID here and we'll try to help out!

As railwayman said, happy trainzing!

Hi Kandex - this may be a little late, but I just ran across this thread.

Nobody spoke to non-Auran sites like magandy.net. What you download from these sites are either .zip files or .cdp files. The .zip files unzip to a collection of .cdp files. Some .zip files are "content files" that contain everything you need to use the asset - route, session, loco, or whatever - together with all their required assets - dependencies.

Individual .cdp files are installed in TRS 2006 by using File|Import CDPs from the Content Manager Plus menu.

If you think you have a content file, you can use File|Import Content.

In either case, after that operation is over, there will be a dialog box that lists the names of all the assets. Click on the button that says something like View in Main Window. Then, in the main window, right click and choose Select All so that everything highlights (blue for me). Then right click again and choose Edit then Commit.

Installation should then be complete.

If you get that uncommitted assets message, I have found that the easy way to get around it is to launch Trainz from the launch button at the top of the CMP. Any uncommitted assets are then committed and you don't even have to identify them. After commit takes place, Trainz launches, and when you are through and close it out, the CMP interface appears again and you have to close it separately.

Back to your question 1 for a minute - yes, most 2004 content will work in 2006. But much of the time, you will be notified that something is wrong with it - by the icons on the CMP that have already been mentioned or by the black screen at the beginning of a Surveyor or Driver session.

Probably more than 90% of the time, in my experience, "faulty" 2004 routes, sessions and even most rolling stock or other things work just fine in 2006. TRS 2004 syntax requires some information that TRS 2006 does not, and so the latter sees this extra information as "faulty". But it does not affect the use of the asset in 2006. So, before worrying over faulty content, try it first.

If there actually is a game-affecting problem with a 2004 asset, refer to Error_Fixing_CMP.pdf, which should be in the stuff that came with TRS 2006.

It might help you to know that installation of assets takes place for our purposes in the TRS2006\Local folder. That is a folder that you will want to keep backed up. TRS2006 may need reinstallation at some point.

When the new Local folder is replaced by the backup, you will have everything at your fingertips again, including any content you may have created.

Dick

If you get that uncommitted assets message, I have found that the easy way to get around it is to launch Trainz from the launch button at the top of the CMP. Any uncommitted assets are then committed and you don't even have to identify them. After commit takes place, Trainz launches, and when you are through and close it out, the CMP interface appears again and you have to close it separately.

But when I Launch TRS 2006 using the button in CMP, for some reason my game freezes. D:<

Don't launch Trainz from CMP. Quit to the desktop and re-start. If Trainz (or CMP) appear 'frozen' hit Ctrl+Alt+Del, go to the 'Process' tab and look for a process called trainz.exe or launcher.exe that is using varying amounts of ram and cpu. If it is then trainz IS working. It is rebuilding a missing file. This can take ages if you have a lot of content, but Trainz will start eventually...

Andy ;)

OK thanks, I'll try that. I'm kinda impatient, so I wait about 15 seconds, then say screw it, it's frozen, lol

Back