Converting TS 12 SP1 Content to TS 10 Build 49933

Robert3a0

Hello all,

I have been assisting a fellow forum member with the development of a route from Oceanside to San - Diego http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...ide-San-Diego-Phase-1-Amtrak-Coaster-Sprinter Essentially, I have been recreating the scenery using Google Maps and Earth (see pages 3 & 4 of the link). Now here is the problem: after several months of work, using TS12 SP1 it appears he might be using TS10. I copied the Content across to my copy of TS10 (Build version 49933) and have found that any content above 3.3 is not recognised. Also, much of the older content appears to have changed its Kuid # to one that is not recognised on the TS10 DLS. I have saved some of those CPD and have transferred them to TS10 and they loaded and committed without any problems. However, they were but few of the 600+ Kuids that appear on the TS10 DLS as being unknown. Except for three varieties of Jointed Rail tracks all other Kuids were from the DLS, so there is no third party content issues. Is it possible for me to edit the work I have done so far back to TS10?:'(
Thanks in advance
Bob

This is probably not the reply you are waiting for, but hang in there; it might be a "thinking out of the box" solution:

To edit and convert ~600 assets to work with TS2010 (if even possible for all of them), will take you / him / her many hours.
If one would spend those hours on some paid job, you will have the money it takes to buy TS12, which solves this and future problems.

As a side effect of this solution:
If any of you ever decide to publish the route, you also don't force others with TS2010 to (again) fix those ~600 assets.

Again, let is sink in for a few minutes; this reply is not intended as a "screw you" reaction but a possible alternative solution to this task.

First things first. If the route has been saved at all in TS12 SP1, forget about backdating it - it will not work.

As for other assets, you may be able to backdate the assets down to TS2010 SP3 level (trainz-build 3.3) but you will run into KUID problems as the KUIDs for some built-in content changed in TS12 SP1, however, the previous KUID can be found in the config file.

Shane

Hey thanks oknotsen and Shane, I pretty much suspected the answer I was going to get. Fortunately, I now find that my colleague is actually running TS12 but is having trouble applying the SP1 Patch, so I have written him a detailed set of instructions of how to apply that patch (perseverance and patience is the name of that game). As I mentioned, I saved some of the Kuids to CPD then uploaded them to TS10, which seemed to work - but, for the reasons oknotsen mentioned, I had no intention of doing that for all 600. Nevertheless, without being able to edit down the overarching Kuid (i.e. the map) it would all come to nought anyway.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Best Regards
Bob
[h=5][/h]

Back