Content issue in Trainz 22

Fineas10

Hello!
Recently I moved my content from Trainz 2019 to Trainz 22 and I am getting an error. I have around 400 GB of content, and when I open the content manager it takes around 20 minutes to load when I try to view the installed tab. It may be useful to tell me if anyone else gets this problem, so maybe it is a bug that needs to be reported.
Thanks!

Having had the Beta version of TRS2022 for a week or so now after taking up NV3's special offer, i'm happy with the performance, speed of loading etc but there's a couple of things that I'm having a problem with, nothing major but they worked fine in 2019. Here goes, regarding Michaelwhiteley's Type 2 Green diesels, all 4 only show up as 1 type, & regarding the tenders for Lielestosbrat's 9F loco, they all show up with the early logo even though the menu clearly states both early & late logos are available.

Any ideas as to why this is happening? Perhaps a ticket to Helpdesk? Thanks in advance.

Regards Gam :confused::confused::confused:

Hello!
Recently I moved my content from Trainz 2019 to Trainz 22 and I am getting an error. I have around 400 GB of content, and when I open the content manager it takes around 20 minutes to load when I try to view the installed tab. It may be useful to tell me if anyone else gets this problem, so maybe it is a bug that needs to be reported.
Thanks!
How did you put the old content into the new CM? I used CDP files for stuff that was downloaded and for my own objects, I have the folders that contain the needed files, one per object. All imported using the drag and drop method. Still have to examine every object to see if I have any issues, none noticed so far.

How did you put the old content into the new CM? I used CDP files for stuff that was downloaded and for my own objects, I have the folders that contain the needed files, one per object. All imported using the drag and drop method. Still have to examine every object to see if I have any issues, none noticed so far.

I copied my current TRS2019 data folder, put it on another drive and named the folder TRS22_DATA.

After installing TRS22, I then pointed the install-path to the new data folder and the very long database repair occurred.

Once completed, I now have all my data that I have in TRS2019 so I can compare apples to pears while testing.

Once completed, I now have all my data that I have in TRS2019 so I can compare apples to pears while testing.
I'll probably end up doing that too but first I wanted to see how it behaves as-is without all of my content. Although, now that I think of it, I could just keep pointing to a different data folder.

I'll probably end up doing that too but first I wanted to see how it behaves as-is without all of my content. Although, now that I think of it, I could just keep pointing to a different data folder.

I did that at first as well but then gave it the big push to see how things would go and the results were excellent. There was an issue with some DLC assets, but I ran an EDR, and they've cleared up except for a session associated with Kickstarter 2 and that's not important to me as the rest of the content I have installed.

It is kind of hard for me to use cdp, as the content is very large/ How much content do you have? You have to export them as .cdp and import them in trainz 22?

It is kind of hard for me to use cdp, as the content is very large/ How much content do you have? You have to export them as .cdp and import them in trainz 22?

I copied my complete data folder to another location as in copied TRS2019_DATA to TRAINZ_PLUS_TEST_DATA folder. The copy process took some time to complete and then I repointed the install path on TRS22 to my data folder I copied over. The DBR ran immediately for a really long time too, and I didn't have to sign in because everything was there.

The purpose for this is due to the large amount of data, and the process would require too many CDPs, besides for testing I wanted to ensure everything was the same between the two versions.

If you still want to use CDP files, you can do this:

Setup a new TRS22 install and ensure it works as it is.

In your other version, create a CDP for your route and session(s).

Install those in the new version.

Right-click on the route first and choose download, to install any assets from the DLS. If you have any DLC, ensure that is installed as well. For any remaining assets, such as customized or third-party assets from outside the N3V ecosystem, you can create a CDP for those and install those manually. Repeat the process for your session(s).

Back