Consist problem in Portal Control and UnPortal

Robert2d6

Cab Driver
I suddenly have a problem adding a consist I select in either Central Portal Control or Un-portal. When I select either a single consist like a freight car or loco, and click on it to add it to the portal for generating an AI train, once I click on it, it inserts the first item that is in the vehicle library where you would normally select that item to place on the track when building a normal consist. In other words, if the first item is AA boxcar, and I want to insert a hopper, when I highlight hopper and insert it, it inserts the hopper and then the AA boxcar right after it . So I get the car or loco I selected, and then the item that is at the top of the list of vehicles along with it. If I decided to enter a saved consist ( the entire train) and the first train on the list of all my saved consists is a Amtrak passenger, if I select an SD 40 car freight that I have saved previously, it inserts the Amtrak train instead of the SD 40 Freight.

If I am placing these individual items on the track, not using a portal control, then everything works normally. I have tried this on a few routes, and it does the same thing on each route. I have done a EDR, and that is no help either. So this makes it impossible to build a consist for an AI train using a portal, and get the train I want.

By any chance are you clicking the + icon that's next to the item you've just inserted? If so, use the + icon below it instead.

Shane

Here is a clearer description of what I am running into. It is intermittent and doesn't happen every time, but very often. I go into any one of the Portals on a route(s). And I select "add an existing saved consist"

robert2d6_20130116_0000_zps34622e64.jpg

I then select one of the saved consists in the list. This is the same list that you would see if you are using the F7 train menu and selecting consists from the list there. They are in alphabetical order, so the first one in my list is the Amtrak Passenger consist and the second one is Basic Freight.

robert2d6_20130116_0001_zps10c06061.jpg

I select basic freight by scrolling down and highlighting it and clicking the check mark.

Instead of loading the Basic Freight which is the one I selected, it loads the first one in the list which is the Amtrak Passenger consist. You can see the 2 Amtrak Locos in the screen shot along with the rest of the consist that was in position 1 on the list.

robert2d6_20130116_0002_zps1436cfcb.jpg

Now if I decide instead to build the consist manually, and I select a loco first,, it will place the loco I selected ( or any car I select ) in the first position, and at the same time will take the 1st car in the list of all my rolling stock, and place that in the number 2 position. If I try and delete the 2nd car by hitting the X next to it, it will delete the loco along with it, leaving me with no loco or car.

I have rebuilt the database twice, and am now thinking that maybe Trainz itself is corrupt in some way, requiring a re-installation. I hate thinking about that, for fear that I will lose 6 months of routes, sessions and work I have done. Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Back