consist in wrong direction

wb2001

I laydown a circle "test" track, then add the engine.

What determines the direction when you laydown a consist. I start the consist, and I notice the 'green' direction arrow is pointing in the wrong direction. I have to laydown parallel tracks and move it repeatedly to get the direction corrected. It's sometimes almost impossible to correct on a siding spur.

What is the problem, solution?

A loco or car will always point in the direction you laid your track. If you laid from north to south then the consists will always be facing south too.

You can either make sure you always lay the track in the right direction

OR

if this isn't always possible use the rolling stock tab in Surveyor. At the top of the tab you have two pictures of an ATSF F7; choose the one on the right (the three quarters view) which takes you to the 'Add consist' tab. If you look down your list of buttons you'll see the 'rotate' one. Use that to make your loco face the right way; if the loco has rotated but the arrows are still the wrong way then select the the button on the far right bottom, the one that looks like the rotate button but with a red and a white arrow. When you click on your loco or car the direction arrows will change direction. Obviously if you're placing cars and it makes no difference which way around they are then you only need to change the direction arrows.

Good luck.

Cheers

Nix

I laydown a circle "test" track, then add the engine. What determines the direction when you laydown a consist. IWhat is the problem, solution?

As Midland said, the consist points in the direction you laid your track. Since you will have more than 2 (say 5 or more) track spline points in your 'Circle' you will need to remember at what point you started your circle of track and place the consist accordingly. OR you could simply use the direction reverser button in the consist tab...

Back