Computer Reccomendations

Yes TRS2006.

It hangs and looks like a slide show. (That's the only other way I know how to describe it)

Well, luckily he backed everything up from his old computer (everything = entire C: drive) to an external hard drive and that's how he's been running it, until now when it's starting to lag. So I want to get the tracks he's been playing with off that external drive to the local c: drive.

Trainz normally isn't disk bound so internal or external drive should make little difference.

Cheerio John

Warning about the video cards: For some time I wanted to post this, but had little time, so here goes...: I had a 7900GTX; Except on some heavy areas ( very populated ones), it run fine. Sharp as the best it can be. Just to keep with the hype and times, I changed it for an 8800GTX. No good!. Image is soft, but rendering, frame rate etc is as best as it can get (better than 7900GTX), so what is wrong?.. The sharpnes control is not there!. Those of you having this card, look at it: The invidia color correction of the 7900 and earlier had the sharpness control, the drivers of the 8800 does not (grayed out). Contacting Invidia, manufacturers etc. does nothing or goes nowhere: They say "you don't need the sharpness because the card is <very good>", but it is quite noticeable especially if you run two computers side by side, one with 7900 and the other with 8800. So, be aware of this. My suggestion, let Nvidia there are many people complaining so they add this function to the driver and if you have a 7900, don't change it.

Warning about the video cards: For some time I wanted to post this, but had little time, so here goes...: I had a 7900GTX; Except on some heavy areas ( very populated ones), it run fine. Sharp as the best it can be. Just to keep with the hype and times, I changed it for an 8800GTX. No good!. Image is soft, but rendering, frame rate etc is as best as it can get (better than 7900GTX), so what is wrong?.. The sharpnes control is not there!. Those of you having this card, look at it: The invidia color correction of the 7900 and earlier had the sharpness control, the drivers of the 8800 does not (grayed out). Contacting Invidia, manufacturers etc. does nothing or goes nowhere: They say "you don't need the sharpness because the card is <very good>", but it is quite noticeable especially if you run two computers side by side, one with 7900 and the other with 8800. So, be aware of this. My suggestion, let Nvidia there are many people complaining so they add this function to the driver and if you have a 7900, don't change it.

Great! Where were you when I posted that I wanted this card:p

Well what do you guys suggest I do? It was working flawlessly until now.

The computer he plays Trainz on IS NOT HOOKED UP TO THE INTERNET, so there's no chance of spyware/viruses.

Since it's not "disk bound", getting the game off the external drive won't make a difference?

Great! Where were you when I posted that I wanted this card:p

Well what do you guys suggest I do? It was working flawlessly until now.

The computer he plays Trainz on IS NOT HOOKED UP TO THE INTERNET, so there's no chance of spyware/viruses.

Since it's not "disk bound", getting the game off the external drive won't make a difference?

If it worked flawlessly before go over all the optional settings if that doesn't work then I suggest you reinstall the software but this time install it on the local hard drive. Update the drivers first, if need be connect to the internet to do the windows update thing and pick up the drivers. In forty years of working with computers 99.9% of the time when something goes wrong some one made a change in some way.

Cheerio John

I don't know about 3 techniques, but the one I have seen recommended on these threads has worked just fine for me when I have had to reinstall - back up the Program Files\Auran\TRS2006\Local folder.

That's all you need - it contains all the content he has been using with Trainz, including anything installed from the DLS or 3rd parties, and including anything he has created himself. Just replace the new local folder after installation with the backup.

Dick

Last edited:
Back