Complaints and suing over trains roll in!

rjhowie

A while ago I mentioned that FirstScotrail had reponed a line in the East of Scotland that had been closed for passenger services for years. Been very successful but apparently a company is running coal trains through the night and people who have fairly modern houses along the line are kicking up. They don't mind the day time but they say the heavy night trains are keeping them awake. A tv report said they were looking into suing the company concerned but I doubt if they will get very far.

I suppose the coal could be transported by road :confused: now let me think, why did we have railways in the first place AHHHH I remember !!! the less trucks on the road the better....

They'll get used to it then they wont be able to get too sleep without the rumble of coal trains. I lived near a line for years now mooved away and only just geting to sleep with out the rumble of trains clattering by.

The question is if all the coal went by road would the residents complain about the sea lapping at their front door??? These are the same people who want wind farms everywhere but will complain if one is built anywhere near to spoil their scenery but if they were not istalled then what scenery will be left to look at.

:)

Andy

this is all i have to say about this subject
Complaint_Department_Grenade.jpg

Love that sign.

BTW I made a bridge (oops viaduct) with rails like in your little cartoon. Trains cross on invisible track so they won't derail.

Ben

Back