commit question

sardon

When I click start I get a message telling me that some of my content is not commited and asking if I want to continue. I have checked and the only content I can find is default and when I try to commit that I get the message that some of the content I am trying to commit is default and asks if I want to do that. I don't know WHAT to do. Should I commit it or not? It's not even something that I want but I can't find a way to delete it.

Don

Start CMP and click the Open for Edit tab. This will list all assets that need commiting. You can right click and choose Select All then press Ctrl + M to commit everything.

Bob

This is one of the quirks of Trainz. My (2006) system does this all the time, sometimes transferring the entire installed database to the Today tab and saying it needs committing. Nowadays I usually start Trainz by entering the CMP first and clicking the Trainz button on the top toolbar. I often get a message that content needs committing even though I've not added or edited anything, so click Commit and Trainz should start normally.

That's exactly what's happening to me and I know I can get into the sim ok. My question was----should I commit local, default content? Even if I do commit, the next time I open cmp that will still be there with the edit button highlighted. It's just a small thing and, apparantly is a quirk in the sim.:confused:

I too wondered about committing default content which I hadn't edited, but in the end took the plunge and pressed commit. I have to say that I haven't noticed any problems with default content after doing this, so I think for some reason Trainz opens for edit random content from the database without changing anything. If you're still worried, then backup your content now for use later if a re-install is required.

Back