Changing Timing for Grade Xing US OH 4L 4T

NJCurmudgeon

The route I'm working on has stretches of four tracks. I've used "Grade Xing US OH 4L 4T" to create some grade crossings. The asset has the four tracks, can be used with various road splines and looks more prototypical than some others. My only problem is that the gates come down kind of late - the train (as 60mph) is already in the crossing and the gates are only just down. It is customizable to some extent, but I see nothing that regulates when it gets tripped. I would like to change it so the gates are completely down for a few moments prior to the train actually getting there.

Any suggestions how I can do this? Maybe there is something in the scripting I can change? Or is there another 4 track crossing someone can recommend?

Thanks!

You can use Boat's ATLS system on the DLS to trigger crossings earlier. I'm not sure how to use it, but there are helpful instructions included with every piece.

Also BNSF50 has made most of the RR crossing bits ATLS-useable look for the term "NRC" attached to the names.

peter

Also after you read Boat's tutorial and get familiar with how ATLS works, have a look at this thread, How-to-Program-ATLS-Crossings. Brickbuilder made some videos with narration describing how to set up ATLS with crossings and intersection lights.

Back