Central Portal Control Problem

Capt_Haddock

I am using this to control 4 portals that are set up to emit trains only.

It is much easier to set up with consists and driver schedules than the individual Portals themselves but I can’t get it to work correctly.

It emits a train from the first portal as planned but no trains are emitted from the other three at all. After a while it throws up the following “none fatal error” message:

Null object at parameter 1

Stack dump:

function $DriverCharacter@World:AddDriverCharacter(Asset),line -1
function $void@PortalTunnel::emitTrain(Soup), line 571
function $void@PortalTunnel::CheckEmitTrains (), line 926
function $void@PortalTunnel::ThreadEmitTrains(), line 905

What does this all mean and how do I put this right please?

Chris

Hi Chris
I had problems with Portals working properly especialy if the portals are set to diffrent types of settings eg emit trains rerail new train etc
best to set them up all the same
the one i found to work properly was the rerail portal
the first line on the script error is that it cannot find the driver requested or you did not click on driver pic to select new driver when setting as some times if you leave it on default it will spit the dummy
my favourite set up is emit train rule were you can pick a train on demand realy good to test new routes drivers consists etc
the rest of the lines on script wont work because of the error in the first line hope this will help
Archar

I think that I might have solved it myself by actually following the instructions that come with the rule.

My drivers were following schedules copied from the "Schedule Library". It is important to put a 5 or 10 second delay at the start of the schedule to give the driver a chance to copy the rules after being emited by the Portal.

Chris

Hi Chris

Are you using this with TRS2006?
Where did you find those instructions for the rule please?
Are you able to use CPC Emit Train command?

Thanks
Segy

Hi guys

Steve is the creator of CPC!!

If you are using it with TR06 the rule will not work ....

I will drop him an e-mail about this, but honestly I have not seem him in the forum for some time now!!

Ish

Actually ish I am using it reasonably successfully with TRS2006. Occasionally there's a problem after a train had disappeared into a portal but apart from that it is working fine. Also using Emit train on Event / Trigger too.

Segy

Actually ish I am using it reasonably successfully with TRS2006. Occasionally there's a problem after a train had disappeared into a portal but apart from that it is working fine. Also using Emit train on Event / Trigger too.

Segy

Wow .... you are one of the lucky one's then ... I talked to Steven a while back (He left trainz, but he'll be back), and the rules are not compatible with TR06... Due to real life he has not gotten around to fixing those errors ...

Ish

Back