Caterpillar Trams - "CATTS" (56k warning)

Lo_Poly

Unidentified bogie
Inspired by similar ones from San Francisco Rush 2049

Statistics:

Max Speed: 183 mph
Acceleration: 0 - 60 mph in 3 seconds; 60 - 183 in 5 seconds
Type: Under-rail/unique
Power: AC Electric

The "tube" at the top of the tram is acts as a claw. It's rail is a cylinder metal pipe that has electricity running through it. The claw/bogey has multiple sections, so a single loco can take some of the tightest of turns. The rail that suspends it is a reinforced rectangle-shaped support (X shaped beams with several in between). Below it are the tube(s) that that keep the trams suspended while also supplying electricity (not shown). They are largely unique for having a near %100 glass floor (reinforced of course). Seats are in three, and each placeholder for a passenger has a computer. If the tram is full, the bar in back, it has handles. A rider can pull one out, and slide out a chain/handle to hang onto. The controls are entirely touch-controlled, there are no moving parts except for the computer. It is hooked up to a master server. The only way to de-rail it is to run it off an end of the line, making is a very safe and fast way of travel.

caterpillartram001ym0.jpg

caterpillartram002yc0.jpg

caterpillartram003mr3.jpg

caterpillartram004al0.jpg

caterpillartram005bk4.jpg

caterpillartram006wk5.jpg

caterpillartram007ht0.jpg

caterpillartram008tv3.jpg

Currently this is only a Google Sketchup model. If you would like to help me please contact me PM. Tell me your opinion on it.

Cheers. :)

Back