CASS stuff

jclinton

Here is a shot from Cass Spruce Bald Knob. The Shay #5 commencing the trip to Whittaker Station. Now included are excursion cars 10,11,12,13,14 created by bendorsey.
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv544%3C%3Dot%3E2947%3D3%3B9%3D349%3DXROQDF%3E2853274528258ot1lsi

At Bald Knob, you got open air too. Out on the DLS by BenDorsey. The steps deploy at passenger enabled stations. whoohoo.
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv9969%3Dot%3E2947%3D3%3B9%3D349%3DXROQDF%3E2853254375258ot1lsi

I made cars 1 through 15.

There are a few more but it gets a bit confusing since they use the same numbers as ones I made even though they look different. For example there is another car 8 with two sizable bathrooms on it.

I didn't even know there was a car 15 until it showed up in a photo coupled to a different car I was making, lol.

Ben

If I have stepped on someone's toes here - profuse apologies. I didn't know someone else was working on them.

On that subject I've been asked to make the passenger station and large general store/post office complex at Cass so if someone else is working on them please let me know - I don't like duplicating other folks work. Taint fair to them, lol.

Ben

Whew - thought I had messed up (again, lol).

I'm willing to make more cars if you can get photos of both sides of them from as close to "side-on" as possible. That bathroom car 8 for example.

Ben

I guess some stoop for bathroom jokes here. lol Big thank you again Mr. Ben Dorsey for doing them. The reason I initiated a Cass layout was simply because I saw only one "CASS" thing on the DLS and when I downloaded it would not open up. I visited there last year and found a CASS DEM so I started playing with my TRAINZ again. It had been awhile. Ben agreed to do the cars which the layout was sorely in need of. Hey he even ventured into new territory (for him) by automating the steps. What a guy!!! :D

I'll stoop to any kind of humor (potty in this case) as long as its not obscene - this is a game - enjoy - life is too short to take seriously, lol.

I had always thought animating the doors on a passenger car was complex. Turns out automating the steps was quite easy as the code to do it is built into Trainz. Its the same code that opens and closes doors on passenger cars. Just a matter of simple animation (to lower only - the code takes care of raising them back up) and naming them doors instead of steps since that's what the code expects to find.

Ben

Last edited:
Hey Trainman7616 the CASS layout is there for all to download and improve upon. It is made up of many look-alike buildings and has no stations to receive or deploy persons onto the cars. Please feel free to rip and improve as you see fit and if you get it to a place that you really like and care to share send it up as another name or a "V2" or a "New and Improved" attached to it. It's a base and can be made to be much much better prototypically. I approached it as pallet and canvass and wanted only to put my feel into it as I experienced it. I believe I placed the track pretty close to where it should be. I studied Google maps a lot. I found that the DEM did not include the branch to Spruce so I used eyeball to judge it from Google maps. I do apologize if I tramped on anybody's toes. But please feel free to have at it. And any other content creators out there, it certainly could use some logging cars, Cass cabooses, and other miscellaneous objects as well as a Big 6 Shay or Shay 11 to tote the people to the top. Or maybe create the logging company in full operation or just mark it with a recreation of the ruins. Hey "As You Like It." Have at it. Feel Free. My best regards.
Jeff Clinton.

Last edited:
The other layout of Cass (the one that I could not open) was an older version of Trainz. I believe it was set on narrowgauge rails. It was on the DLS but in TS2010 after I downloaded it, it just would not open.

Back