Car traffic dissapears in Drive

lenola

Hi,
someone can give me an explanation of the fact that in the Ardennes Track route, while in Surveyor the car traffic on the roads is quite intense, passing in Drive the traffic itself almost disappears (only rare cars that pass every now and then). Of course, a specific Region has been identified in Edit Route and traffic is enabled in Environment.
Then I don't know if it happened to someone with TRS 2019 that, after saving a route project with a specific name (save as ...), closing and reopening it the latest changes have disappeared; the same changes are instead found in the last session which is saved and which, however, will never be able to return to the saved routes.
Thank you
Max

Regarding cars, I have noticed the same thing. Car behavior has changed somewhat from early builds of TRS19 to the latest. A few weeks ago, I posted a question on this forum asking anyone what the changes were but got no answer. If you go to the TRS22 forum called "Welcome to TRS22 from the CEO" you will see the same car issue being discussed, so whatever happened in later builds of TRS19 are now in TRS22.

Regarding the question of route changes now appearing on the session layer instead of the route layer, if you start off by "edit session" you have to remember to select the route layer before doing anything else. But if you forget, the fix is easy: just do a merge of the session layer into the route layer.

Last edited:
For the traffic problem perhaps it is a bug.
We hope that a solution will be found soon.

Regarding the loss of the changes, I must say that, I seem to have always made them in surveyor without ever having entered the edit session.
However, I'll be more careful.
In any case, by doing a merge of the session layer into the route layer, don't the two elements (session and route) add up rather than one replacing the other? Sorry but I'm not very experienced in this kind of operations ...
and sorry also for the bad English, only with school reminiscences (I also use the automatic translator).
Thanks anyway
Hello
Max

Something (track, buildings, trees, etc) can be only on one layer, so they don't add up if you merge. If you click on the "?" and then a tree, a window will appear to show you what layer the tree is on, and you can change the layer for that tree if you want.

If you choose "edit route" to modify a route, and then decide to change the session while working on the route, all you will see is the default session. For some people, this is fine, because they put the driver instructions on the default session.

My method is to give the session a name, and that means I don't start with edit route, I start with choosing the route, then "view sessions", choose the session and "edit session", then selecting the route layer to do work on the route. Everyone has their own way of dealing with layers and sessions.

Trainz allows you to get very complex with layers and sessions. You can have two sessions that look the same but each has different driver instructions, in which case all the objects and splines etc should be on the route layer. Or you can have two sessions that do not look the same in every respect, in which case some things should be on the session layer, and most on the route layer. If you never will have more than one session for a route, none of this matters anyway, in my opinion.

I am confident that someone will give their opinion on this as well.

Back