Can we stop the automatic brake application at interactive industries?

Hi, I'm running Trainz 12 BUILD 58414 and getting very frustrated about how the brakes keep getting applied when I try to move a little to get the next car loaded or unloaded. It is even more difficult when trying to move in reverse since after the brakes are applied, the reverser automatically changes to forward sometimes the little lurch that occurs when running the reverser all the way up to 75 will trigger these automatic actions and it seems like I'm stuck in a loop and getting no ware.

Is there a rule or a parameter to be adjusted for this problem?

I wonder what made Auran decide to make it work this way in the first place!

I think I am noticing some better physics but that may be part of the problem because a jack-rabbit start seems to be the only way to get my train out of Some of these industries.

There is one in particular where the industry is really close to the end of track bumper and I get stuck so close to the bumper I think I'll derail!

Thanks

Wild Willy the Wacko

Oh, I have this problem too. Sometimes I am done loading a car, and I want to leave the industry, and it takes 5 minutes to leave because I keep getting stopped on the industry. But of course when this would be useful, it doesn't happen. (oh no, I am going too fast and the brake won't come on in time!)

Or back to BUILD 49922 I go!!!!

:'(
Probably not related to your topic, but still worth mentioning:
That means you are missing a few hotfixes. I would advise you to patch to build 61388. Patches to be found here:
http://www.auran.com/servicepacks/
These hotfixes are very tiny compared to the SP1 patch.

Thanks, I have a new machine with a new install of TS 12 and I just let the auto updater go as far as it would go without thinking that there would be more available. I guess at this point it can't hurt to go further because otherwise, I see uninstalling and then trying to get back to BUILD 49922 with which I think I did not have this problem.

Wild Willy the Wacko

I've had the issue before. It happens if you try and leave a industry/station too quickly. Give it around 10 seconds, and then you can start driving your train.

Hi Wild Willy the Wacko

This is caused by Trainz using the 'AI' driver to 'hold' the train whilst being handled at the industry. At the current time, Trainz applies the train brake, and resets all other controls (except the independent brake) to default positions.

I'm not 100% sure if build 58414 has it, but if you update your TS12 to build 61833 (from the link Oknotsen supplied) there is a rule to achieve what you are after. It's called "advanced industry load configuration". To use it, open the 'edit session' panel to add the rule to your session, then select the rule (it should be at, or near, the top of the list). Now select the rule and click on 'edit', then click on the line marked "click to select" for the target object, and select the desired industry. Now untick the option for "Lock the train's controls during a stopped load/unload operation". You will need a separate rule for each industry.

A little trick with this, to make everything a little easier once you've set them up, is to 'nest' them all under a 'simultaneous list' rule (to do this, add a 'simultaneous list' rule immediately above all of the 'advanced industry load configuration' rules, and then indent all of the 'advanced industry load configuration' rules to the left). Now click on the little arrow to the left of the 'simultaneous list' rule, and they'll be 'hidden' from view. If you have a lot of them, this lessens the 'performance' impact that the large number of rules may cause for some computers.

This is particularly handy when working with steam locomotives on passenger services, as you can attend to the boiler properly whilst stationary :)

Regards

On second thought!!!!!

WOW, that sounds promising. I'm off to try this!

Thank you one and all.

Wild Willy the Wacko

I updated to BUILD 61833 and then I started studying the instructions from Mr. Murphy and it now seems to me to be a daunting task.

On a quick and dirty count I see around 416 industries in the IndustRail TS 12 route and I am supposed to setup a rule for each and every one to override a flaw in this game??

Why can't there be a rule for each driver engine that says only the driver has control of his engine unless he crashes it?

In the mean time, I'll try Zeldaboy14's idea of waiting a little. I am usually splitting my time between two engines anyway.

I think I would rather try going back to BUILD 49922 or some other BUILD that was put out before they did something to make this work in such an extreme way.

I'm sorry, Zec, I was so excited at the possibility of a fix that I really was not understanding your instructions when I made that first reply and I really do appreciate seeing your help on this forum as I do read more than I write here.

Wild Willy the Wacko

I updated to BUILD 61833 and then I started studying the instructions from Mr. Murphy and it now seems to me to be a daunting task.

On a quick and dirty count I see around 416 industries in the IndustRail TS 12 route and I am supposed to setup a rule for each and every one to override a flaw in this game??

Why can't there be a rule for each driver engine that says only the driver has control of his engine unless he crashes it?

In the mean time, I'll try Zeldaboy14's idea of waiting a little. I am usually splitting my time between two engines anyway.

I think I would rather try going back to BUILD 49922 or some other BUILD that was put out before they did something to make this work in such an extreme way.

I'm sorry, Zec, I was so excited at the possibility of a fix that I really was not understanding your instructions when I made that first reply and I really do appreciate seeing your help on this forum as I do read more than I write here.

Wild Willy the Wacko

I wouldn't go back... The problem existed for as long as I can remember, probably back in TRS2004 SP1 when interactive industries were first introduced. Besides, you'll miss out on a lot of stuff that since been updated and won't be able to download.

Compromise!

After playing with this a little more, I think I see that long, unit trains are more trouble because of train streaching and power needs. When I go out to distribute products such as diesel fuel to the fuel points I am taking shorter strings of cars in for the delivery and they are easier to work with so I can use Zeldaboy's idea there and on the pick-up end or both ends of a coal unit train run I can use Zec's rule fix on a limited number of industries where I'll be handling the longer consists.

Thanks everyone

Wild Willy the Wacko

Back