Can Trainz 2019 be reverted in Steam?

Gameoholic1994

I bought Trainz 2019 on Steam, so it automatically updates itself every time a new service patch comes out. Now I'm at SP5, and the only bug I'm seeing is the wheels spinning even when the train isn't moving, especially the wheels of the engines. But my question is this... Despite being bought on Steam, is it possible tor evert my game back to older service pack versions, like SP3 or SP2?

Just a thought,
You now own the Trainz software as listed in your Steam wallet.
So why not delete the current copy on your PC and download a fresh copy of TRS19 from steam because the SP5 will be already inserted into the product prior downloading.

Just a thought,
You now own the Trainz software as listed in your Steam wallet.
So why not delete the current copy on your PC and download a fresh copy of TRS19 from steam because the SP5 will be already inserted into the product prior downloading.

Do you mean to delete THIS file?

WWO6v3.jpg

Last edited:
Good Afternoon Gameoholic1994
You will need to re-install Trainz through Steam itself, simply deleting the 'TRS19' file in the installation will not achieve this.

To re-install through Steam, right click on TRS19 in Steam, then go to 'manage', and click on 'uninstall'. Once uninstalled, you will then need to click 'install' to install Trainz again.

Please ensure that you install Trainz into the same location ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019\ ) so that Trainz will then be able to automatically link back to the content folder.

Regards

What is that situation like in Trainz 22? Do the wheels still spin when the engine comes to a halt, or do they perfectly stop?

I found out for myself. I bought the game, tried it out, and the wheels STILL spin. I thought this new game wouldn't have these bugs. Is there a way I can report and fix this bug in Trainz 2019?

Gameoholic1994 - Have not seen this on any of the locos I use in TRS19 or TRS22. Would you please provide the KUIDs of the specific locomotives that display this behavior? (List them in Content Manager and Use COPY/ Paste to enter the KUIDs into this forum thread).
Seems there is a simple fix - as suggested by KotangaGirl above at #6 above:
Engines that are still using older generation engine specs do this Tony. The simple fix is to update the engine spec to a later version.
Good luck with this quest!

Back