Can someone help me modify the D59 smoke effects.

Falken442

Can somebody help me with changing the smoke effects on the NSWGR D59 class while also keeping all the old points that smoke/steam comes out of. This is for personal use and photos/videos/files of the asset will not be distributed unless I have the authors permission. The D59 is the weathered one by Billegulla, 5909. I can only use trainz and a text editor.

-Eno

Bill the creator of this loco is no longer with us - out of respect not something I am willing to help with.

A text editor is all you would need anyway

Can somebody help me with changing the smoke effects on the NSWGR D59 class while also keeping all the old points that smoke/steam comes out of. This is for personal use and photos/videos/files of the asset will not be distributed unless I have the authors permission. The D59 is the weathered one by Billegulla, 5909. I can only use trainz and a text editor.

-Eno

Smoke effects are controlled by the tags/values in the smokex containers in the locos config.txt file. The tags and their data values/ranges are defined in http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/%22Smoke%22_container. Make changes using Content Manager, right click the loco's kuid and select Edit - Edit in Explorer. Double click the config.txt file to edit the smokex parameters. Then exit, save and commit. To see the effects, launch Trainz and place the loco in a test route or any existing route. After any changes made to the config.txt file, to see the effects in your test layout, you have to go to Surveyor mode, delete the loco then place it again and then run it in Driver.

Bob Weber

Back