Can someon explain how to manually Uninstall TS09+2010....

Engioc

Can anyone tell me how to manually uninstall an install of Trainz 2009+2010, including all registry keys, content database etc. I want to completely remove everything so I can perform a clean install.

Note the uninstall doesn't work so this is not an option, when trying to installing it reports unins000.dat is corrupted.

I'm on PC with Windows 7-32 bit.

**Edit
I also have the Blue Comet, and Duchess DLC so I want to completely remove these as part of the uninstall. Also if there is any additional info require to ensure any patches are removed as well.

Last edited:
IIRC there is a known issue with TS10 and uninstalling. If Uninstall won't work simply delete the relevant folders (ie everything), then run something like CCCleaner to sort out the registry issues, of which there will be plenty! CCCleaner will offer to back up the registry before fixing stuff, though I have never had it do anything stupid - yet -

Andy ;)...

Thanks for that, but....

Can someone please tell me what the registry entries are so I can manually remove them, I really don't want to run a reg cleaner over it. I'm quite capable of editing the registry so if someone can just tell exactly what entries it makes I'll manually delete them.

trainz.exe, taddaemon.exe, anything with a TS2009 or TS2010 folder name. What I would try first (this is in XP, dunno about 7) is Start, Control Panel, Add/Remove programs and see if you can remove it in there before trying the registry hack.

51305621.jpg

Thanks for that, but....

Can someone please tell me what the registry entries are so I can manually remove them, I really don't want to run a reg cleaner over it. I'm quite capable of editing the registry so if someone can just tell exactly what entries it makes I'll manually delete them.

I'd use something other than CCleaner or do it manually as when I checked it left half of the entries there. It only scrapes the surface.

Too many to list, just search for Trainz, auran, N3V, that should get rid of it all.

Have you tried a tool called Revo Uninstaller? I suggested this to another user a few days ago, and it appeared to completely remove Trainz for them (which is what they wanted, as they were reinstalling).

Shane

Wise Registry cleaner Pro works just fine. It is free, just Google for the download site.
I did a complete manual uninstall of TS2010EE last week (over 4.8gigs worth).
Manually delete the TS2010 folder.
Run Wise Registry Cleaner Pro.
Defragment your drive.
Reinstall
Very time consuming, but relatively painless. Just remember to run all the relevant patches when you have completed the initial re-install.

Cheers

Bob (CRO)

I'd use something other than CCleaner or do it manually as when I checked it left half of the entries there. It only scrapes the surface.

Run it 3 times in succession - each 'layer' scraped off will bring up new issues...

Andy

Run it 3 times in succession - each 'layer' scraped off will bring up new issues...

Andy

But what's the point of doing that Andy? You have to already 'know' beforehand to run it three times. Revo does it all in one swell foop.

Bill

Back