Cab Ride... Phiadelphia to New York - 1985...

JCitron

Trainzing since 12-2003
https://youtu.be/bfVUnQ4kMYc

Here's an Amtrak cab ride from Philadelphia 30th Street station to New York Penn Station on the Broadway Limited. The narrator and engineer are kind enough to point out things of interest such as the various old freight yards, interlocking towers, and other interesting stuff. The speed isn't as high as it is today and there are some speed restrictions in place due to engineering work. At one point, I think it's in Trenton, the engineer reads the riot act to some engineer or conductor trainee because he couldn't call out the signals.

John

delete..................................................................

Last edited:
https://youtu.be/bfVUnQ4kMYc ... At one point, I think it's in Trenton, the engineer reads the riot act to some engineer or conductor trainee because he couldn't call out the signals.John
I tried to catch this, but I can not hear it ... My GF saw me kicked back in my recliner watching a 1:37 min cab ride video, of a train going down a never ending tangent of track, and she said: "You know this is completely retarded, don't you, a complete waste of time, watching some engineer driving a train ... and your entire life is passing you by, and all you do is play videos, and play Trains Trains Trains" ! I said: "I know ... that looks like the most boring job in the world" !

Last edited:
Ya' "Play Videos" ... That's when I get on YouTube, and start watching hundreds of train videos, then graduate to: "How to kill weeds with home made weed killer" ... Soon the sun goes down, and it gets dark outside ... and the weeds are still 2 foot tall ... and I wasted my entire day sitting inside on the PC ... I have PC addiction ... BAD !

Well, playback is the act of reproducing a sound or video recording. In years gone by, people used mechanical playback machines such as a projector or a phonograph, but today, we make extensive use of digital media players, i.e., software that playback audio, video or animation files in the computer such as Windows Media Player or RealPlayer, etc.

But in today's highly abbreviative world, I think most people tend to use the word "play" rather than "playback." :) I can't remember the last time I heard someone say "Press the playback button."

Back