Brisbane Route Model for TRS2006

Brisbane South & Gold Coast

Hi all,

It's been a while for posts. I've got the Brisbane South and Gold Coasts routes both working pretty well, despite their sizes. Can someone please give me a quick how-to on connecting the two routes together? I'm assuming that where the track finishes for the Brisbane South is where it is picked up in Gold Coast.

Cheers,
Ian

Brisbane South - Gold Coast Test

Afternoon all,

I've just run a quick test from just before the Brunkswick Street - Central Tunnel to Trinder Park, and all seems to be going well... until I got to Trinder Park. The 6-car EMU I was running seemed to derail for no reason (usually converging points that aren't on the right track and running out of track are the only things that derail). Although, I was running at full speed, for the sake of time, so that may have done it. I ran a single (American) loco over the same section at about 100kph, and it seemed to be fine, so I don't know what happened. Just something to keep in mind. The section is on the southbound line, about halfway along the station platform.

But otherwise, the work done is brilliant.

Ian

Hi Ian.

If you have only just merged GC to Bn'e Sth then you had better check along the trackwork at each station from Trinder Park south all the way and you may find quite a few Station track has been disconnected this is a known problem with Trs 04 and merging Maps.

The way to find them is to check the splines where they connect with track through the stations.
At Robina it is a bit tricky to get at the splines inside the station;the way to do it is to position your view looking straight down through the large roof and move down through the stair well opening, the splines are a bit forward of the hole so move carefully to reach them.
Good luck you may need it?

Norm.

By the way, remember to save each time you change anything and before trying to fix track at Robina___then if you make a mistake just exit without saving and you can go back and try again.
Old saying If at first you don't succeed try try "a Gun"

Last edited:
Originally posted by hurleyco
Ill make you all a deal, If I make the line from Gladstone to Rockhampton, someone has to make a 4000 class......

You should check my projects (in progress) list sometime ;)

PEV, have you put the SMU's up on the DLS yet? I'd love to see what you did.

Chris

Last edited:
hi, i've just reading everone's comments on brisbane area routes.i to use to live in brisvegas on the ferny grove line. as a kid i remember the various industries on the line. rockla pipes at kepperra,wundlich at gaythorne,bretts at windsor,and i think a tile factory at ferny grove.i'm going to have crack on making the line from ferny grove to daybora.if i'm sucsessful i'll work my way back to mayne.the reason i'm writing all this is i have to very helpful to books to giude me i hope. the books are,BRUNSWICK STREET,BOWEN HILLS AND BEYOND by JOHN KERR and DESTINATION STH BRISBANE both published by ARHS. if you can get on to these books they are very good reading.ps nothing wrong with XXXX it does it me. cheers, patchy.

PEV, have you put the SMU's up on the DLS yet? I'd love to see what you did.

Chris

Chris,
Not yet.. the DLS is not working, so can't do anything.
I will upload what I have done so far... when DLS come back on stream.. It's been days now, hopefully very soon.

I have not finished the cab yet, but I have modified an Auran one slightly to reflect electric traction.

hi, i've just reading everone's comments on brisbane area routes.i to use to live in brisvegas on the ferny grove line. as a kid i remember the various industries on the line. rockla pipes at kepperra,wundlich at gaythorne,bretts at windsor,and i think a tile factory at ferny grove.. etc...

Patchy,
You are right about the industries on the "Ferny" line. I worked at Wunderlich at Gaythorne from the mid 60's to mid 70's. The terra cotta roof tile factory at Ferny Grove was also a Wunderlich business.

The Gaythorne factory made asbestos cement in those days and had a small siding that was serviced by steam tank locos to haul product out and deliver bulk cement (from Darra cement works) in special 4 wheeled hopper trucks. We used to get about 5 or 6 trucks a day every working day. The siding was quite a steep grade and the little tanks locos used to have quite a bit of difficulty pulling the 8 or 9 trucks (5 cement + 3 out going product) back up the hill to the Ferny line (city bound)

And Chris,
I will upload the SMU's in the next day or so. I have the cab working well enough to include it.

I have a theory about non moving parts of the screen so the cab poly count is relatively high and I have used larger texture files. It gives great detail but because it's not moving and takes up a significant portion of the screen, does not use up lots of graphics processing...so frame rate is still OK. PEV's theory... please feel free to shoot it down if you think I'm wrong.

regards,

Last edited:
Well I would of been uploading those lovely EMU's, but it seems that as the dls seems to be constantly down I don't know if they will ever become available, as i am not sure if i should renew my fct, thus is this going to be the demise of trainz for me (possibly others too) I will give whats left of the team at auran to fix this and prove its a viable proposition before i leave this community.
Very confused and a bit upset at this.
:'(

My additions to psychoaussie's QR SMU's have been in the waiting area of my content since Jan 16. Hopefully approved soon.

My additions to psychoaussie's QR SMU's have been in the waiting area of my content since Jan 16. Hopefully approved soon.
Fingers crossed they get processed before my fct runs out, or I may never see these
:'(

hey guys,
my additions to Chris's QR SMU's are now on the DLS. just search for "qr smu" (only TRS2006) . I would appreciate some feedback about the cab.. I am concerned that it may not work too well on less powerfull computers. As I said before I have put lots of detail in so it may slow the frame rate. Hopefully not.....

Alby6,
I like your emu's.. are they on the DLS ?

The original model is by psycho_aussie.. I just made a few additions.

Yes, the wiper does work and it's 2 speed. Set your weather to extreme changes to see it work. It goes to high speed (outside view only) when the weather is stormy or worse, and switches back to low speed for light rain, and of course stops in the park position when it's not raining.

The wiper animation if I remember rightly is 32 frames 16 each way. It has an event on the second last frame for stopping the wiper. (events don't work if they are attached to the last frame) All control is handled by the script.. I think I used one of Phil Campbell's tutorials for the wiper animation. It was really easy. The script for the cab view of the wiper works without an event for the parking of the wiper. (same wiper GMax files with extra texture to simulate wiper blade rubber and wiper arms.)

The loco script is derived from the BR Class 37 split headcodes loco script built in to TRS2006. (and not encrypted thank goodness) The script moves the driver to the right end of the train depending on the direction of travel and only starts the wiper on the leading car. The automatic running numbers are also part of the script.

regards,

Last edited:
Sorry to say not on dls yet as they are not finished due to so many hardware failures in the last 12 months, and I have used andi06s' script which i don't think supports wipers, but does support texture replacement and destination signs just to name a couple of it's feature's, they should be available as soon as the dls is working correctly and if so I will renew my fct and upload, time will tell.
:)

Nice work PEV. I really need to do some more work to the body of the SMU's. They could use some more detail, and destination boards on either end. Nice work on the interior though. I'm very impressed.

Hopefully we can see the EMU's as well Bruce. You put a lot of work into them, and it would be a shame to see them disappear.

Chris

Thanks Chris.

One thing I have not succeeded in doing is moving the AI driver to the opposite end of the train by script. Still messing with that one.

There is always something more to be done.. and can you add animated doors to the SMU's.........

And Bruce, I have a similar cab to the SMU one, for the EMU's that I have attached to WilliamG's version of EMU. .. I guess I can upload the cab for all to use. I have a couple more details to add before I do that.

regards,

Last edited:
Back