Billing

coop2

Is there anyway that you can send email when a renewal fee is about to be charged. I'm sure that it could be automated software interacting with accounts. I just received a charge on my credit card and it didn't say it was an renewal. I was about to call the credit company for fraud, but to double check, I went on line to my membership and found the charge to be a renewal fee. It might also be helpful if it showed as a renewal fee printout on the credit card.

Not sure if this applies NY State just passed this law.

Legislation S.5941B/A.3245D requires businesses to notify consumers of an upcoming automatic renewal or a continuous service charge 45 days prior to the charge. It also requires businesses to include instructions for how to cancel automatic renewals or continuous service charges as part of the notice to the consumer.

State Senator Brian Kavanagh said, “Most New Yorkers pay for at least one service through a subscription model. These services include digital entertainment, recurring meal delivery services, and exercise and diet programs. While these services may be convenient and accessible, many businesses have adopted deceptive subscription marketing practices that make it very easy to sign up but far more difficult to cancel. Oftentimes, users unknowingly agree to automatic renewals, leading to unknown and unwanted charges. This legislation requires a business to notify a consumer of an upcoming automatic renewal or continuous service charge 15 to 30 days prior to such charge, and to include instructions on how to cancel the subscription. This legislation will ensure transparency from subscription service companies and help protect New Yorkers from deceptive marketing practices that these companies often utilize. I thank Assemblymember Amy Paulin for championing this bill in the Assembly and Governor Kathy Hochul for signing it into law.”

Assemblymember Amy Paulin said, “Legislation S.5941B/A.3245D requires businesses to notify consumers of an upcoming automatic subscription renewal charge at least 15 days prior to the charge. As our ‘subscription economy’ has continued to grow, people are often paying for subscriptions that they no longer use without realizing it. Compounding the issue is that businesses have adopted deceptive subscription marketing practices which make it very easy to sign up and much more difficult to cancel. This legislation will provide transparency and help protect New Yorkers from continually paying for things they don’t use or want.”

Doesn't mean a thing to NV3 their covered under Australian Law.Were all in the same boat when it comes to money being taken out.
At least you know how much is being taken.
I live in Australia using and paying for an Australian product but have to use Currency Convertor to know how much I have pay because they deal in $US but that varies also depending on the exchange rate at that time.

No thank you. I signed up to a subscription and I'm not silly enough to forget that it's a subscription. I don't think people who pay monthly want a reminder 45 days before their monthly payment is due. That's just ridiculous.

Back