Bad framerates on TS12 on Acer Predator G3620

juhis

Hello there.

I'm not sure whenever this is correct thread to post this, but I have bought brand-new gaming rig to play PC games, and I had high hopes to play Trainz Simulator 12 on new gaming PC, but to my disappointment framerates on TS12 are so wildly inconsistent that I believe it's just some terrible optimization here and there, despite the fact that TS12 exceeds recommended specs on my new gaming PC. :eek:

I have list of specs from my PC for everyone to see what I'm trying to say here:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3350P @ 3.10GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Motherboard: Acer Predator G3620

These are just crucial specs I could gather, but if anyone out there knows how I can make the game run smoothly, drop the comment to this thread, and I'll try to figure out.

Try limiting the refresh rate to 60 instead of Auto and adding the following entries to trainzoptions:

-framerate=30
-framestoaverage=8

Last edited:
Go to the NVIDIA control panel and set it to "single display performance mode", default is multiple, this will give a 50% speed boost.

Then if needed, decrease the view distance and perhaps your resolution (if flat panel, be sure to use native mode) and/or video quality.

Last edited:
I seriously want to thank everyone who dropped posts to this thread, and now I'll try my best to reply to these messages that you guys send to me!

Try limiting the refresh rate to 60 instead of Auto and adding the following entries to trainzoptions:

-framerate=30
-framestoaverage=8

I added these to trainzoptions.txt file, and I also limited the refresh rate to 60 Hz, but for some strange reason I had to create trainzoptions.txt -file from scratch.

Go to the NVIDIA control panel and set it to "single display performance mode", default is multiple, this will give a 50% speed boost.

I only have one monitor, so this isn't exactly helping me. :eek:

Then if needed, decrease the view distance and perhaps your resolution (if flat panel, be sure to use native mode) and/or video quality.

I know, but only if there's severe decrease in framerate.

Back