Backwards Drivers

CincySouthernRwy

Trainz Jedi
Sooooo close to a 4-6-0C:

4007967146_444f527bb4_o.jpg

No matter what I put in either the loco's or the driver's config file, bogey-1-r or reverse=-1, the drivers continue to show up in reverse. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

BTW, this is in TRS2004.

Rotate your attachment point by 180 degrees. You should have created the bogie tith the front facing down in top view.

BTW your shadow.im should be an exact copy of your loco, otherwise you will get that grey fringing effect. Delete all the bits that dont matter, like the details, headlight etc.

This isn't my loco nor my bogey, so I neither have access to the shadow alignment nor the bogey attachment point. But I find it amusing that either CajunRon (creator of the Reading Camelback) or Ben Neal (creator of the 6-coupled drivers) created their item backwards. I wonder whose loco is backwards?

So it's not fixable. I thought I had fixed a problem like this with the trucks on a diesel once. I guess not.

Maybe an idea to PM both the creators, they may fix the problem for you. Alternativly create yourself ??

The shadow can be removed if no fix available.

CajunRon,s a.bog1 attachment point is reversed, as is his main bogie, hence the problem. As it was a conversion from MSTS this is probably how the problem arose. There is a way to solve this problem but you would need CajunRon's permission first. However he has never posted in the new forum so I doubt if he is still active.

Bump! I'm getting forgetful in my old age. If you have access to, and know how to use a hex editor then you can add a mesh to give you the correct a.bog1

Create a mesh in GMax (or whatever) consisting of the new attachment point a.bog1 and a small textured shape (needed for export) and add it to the mesh table of the loco.

Using the hex editor, find a.bog1 in the loco mesh file (.pm or .im) and change it to say a.bogx (DO NO ADD OR DELETE CHARACTERS or you will corrupt the mesh file) and save.

You should then find your bogie will attach correctly. Do a search on teddytoot and mesh for more information. I cannot help more at the moment as I am in the middle of upgrading from XP to Windows 7 so have no Trainz or GMax installed.

Back