Australian screenshots

Rolling over the level crossing, on the way to the docks and fuel siding.

For some reason, there is already a tank car in the siding. Also, some (now unloaded) NLKY vans that have come up from Wadalbavale Mill. We shall have to take these vans with us on our train south. Fortunatly, the rest of the wagons at Karrah Bay are going north.

With the MHG coupled to the NLKY's, we can depart from the docks.

Coupling the NLKY's up to the rear of the fuel train. Because they are empty, they shouldn't slow the train down much on the climb to Halley River.

While 4849 was shunting in the dockyard, 44212 was uncoupled from the front of the train, and is currently waiting near Karrah Bay Loco. I've changed over to 4849 now, for the rest of the trip south.

Next station on the trip south, is Halley River, but we won't be calling there, just going straight through.

4849 storms through Halley River Yard.

Some shots taken between Halley River and Lambley Rail, as well as a couple between Lambley Rail and Wadalbavale.

Slowly entering the yard at Wadalbavale. Cars wait at the level crossing, because there would be a price if they ignored those gates...

The railmotor trailer in the foreground belongs to 401, which is currently running around it's "train", before making the trip back to Wattle Creek.

A cab shot of 4803 and 4812, in Wadalbavale loco. Some of you may remember that 4803 has suffered an ill mechanical history. Recently repainted into Candy livery, it won't start *again*, which will probably result in 4848 helping 4812 out of Karrah Bay with it's pickup goods train, this afternoon. Still, before 4812 can shunt the yard, we've got work to do...

Another cab shot, this one showing one of the container wagons due to be hauled north, later on this afternoon. The red signal prevents us from moving to the fuel siding, to the south of the container siding.

401 finally shows up to reclaim it's trailer, and in the background, you can see the MHG on the back of the fuel train.

4949 runs light engine to the fuel siding, after I've headed into the statino building for a cuppa. I was wary relegating the loco to the shunting crew, but really needed that cuppa. 4849 must shunt the empty fuel wagons out of the siding, and put them in another siding, before pushing the full wagons in. After that, it removes the NLKY's and MHG from the train, and pushes the empty NLKY's into the sidings at the mill, just to the west. At which point, it will return with the MHG, refuel at the loco shed, and marshall up with 4812 for the journey back to Wattle Creek.

It's not to be however, as the bloke in charge of the 48 doesn't notice the catch points are still set, turning the rake of empty NTAF's into a big mess on the mill yard sidings. What a goose.

Great shots guys love em all one question though dunno if anyone else noticed Zec why do you have a lighthouse in the middle of nowhere? Did the oceans recede that much due to global warming :p

A view from a different direction shows that the fishing fleet is in and the cannery is working its little heart out :)

ng5.jpg

Cheers David

More progress...

screen116se0.jpg

No trains been through here for quite some time...

screen117vm5.jpg

...with good reason.

screen118ar9.jpg

Looking over the yard from the hill

screen119zj0.jpg

The old bridge to the north of the town is being replaced by a new one.... The down mainline has been moved to the new bridge, but trains on the up still cross the old bridge.

screen120vt6.jpg

An Endevour set coming off the bridge, and heading into town.

screen121nl5.jpg

The old sleepers are also being replaced with new concrete ones. While work is going on, temporary speed limits are in place.

I suppose I should of stuck a couple of gum tree's in to make it really aussie, but I'm to lazy :p

Looks a bit overgrown over there
grass-from-station.jpg

wandered over for a closer look, it sure is over grown :)
grassy-sheep-pens.jpg

Cheers David

trainz2007041817430798xk9.png

Explorer 2502 sits in the platfrom as 4847 sits awaiting it's clearance as 8142 sits on.
trainz2007041817445106oz9.png

With 4847 gone 8126 is seen looking on.

a few shots from my other work in progress. this ones nearing its end, it runs about 60kms. its a trs2006 sp1 route. in a few days it should be completed. when its completed i will be looking for a few testers. if you are interested contact me either via pm or email.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

cheers

Ghosty

Back