Australian screenshots

I doubt they'll replace everything. Waste of rollingstock when you remove the still functioning IMUs and EMUs (not sure which one is older) either they'll run newer services or phase out the oldest type of rollingstock gradually

I doubt they'll replace everything. Waste of rollingstock when you remove the still functioning IMUs and EMUs (not sure which one is older) either they'll run newer services or phase out the oldest type of rollingstock gradually

Yeah! I think you're right. They are nice looking units.
Cheers,
Roy3b3

Yeah, I doubt all the current fleet would be withdrawn... although, that indeed happened here in Perth when electrification was completed, the entire existing DMU fleet was withdrawn and the more recent sets (the youngest of the ADL/ADC DMUs was not even 6 years old!) was of course sold to the NZR for Auckland service. So stranger things have happened.

And speaking of which, that artist's mockup just looks like a QR 260 class/Transperth B series train with extra cars and a streamlined front end. Given the fact that design specifications are never set in stone and liable to change during construction, I think it wouldn't be wise to jump the gun and make a model of it for Trainz just yet, if you're looking for prototypical accuracy. Of course if you're happy to accept that something might change in the design in the meantime then go ahead! :D But just be aware that what you see in that concept artwork may not actually be how the 'finished product' looks.

In regards to the discussion into the withdraw of the Queensland Rail EMU; there has not been any further mention only as of December 1st when Q.R employed a consulting firm to provide them a white paper in the feasibility wither it is wise to withdraw the current fleet when many have been spent upgrading them to modern standard which would be foolish against the advice given by the Rollingstock Department which warn that that would create a major shortfall in services at peak. This has happened previously when the SX carriages and Evans were withdrawn in haste.

Like previous times, they will be placed in storage and brought out only when the network is at peak capacity; as anyone knows Brisbane around Exhibition time, it is utter madness when the network is stretched to capacity.

I trust the Railways will do the better judgement and make the right decision. Let use hope that an EMU or two can be saved for prosperity.

With Regards
M.G

Last edited:
Correct there Michael. Only months ago, a handful of EMU's were rolling out of the overhaul line. As far as I has heard, NGR's will only be replacing the SMU's in the next 5 years as they can't source more parts, following after that is the EMU's. I also noticed you mentioned around the exhibition time it's madness Michael. That's correct but even the every day peak hour services are shocking especially on the Gold Coast Line.

Anyway, nice screenshots guys

-Cheers

Correct there Michael. Only months ago, a handful of EMU's were rolling out of the overhaul line. As far as I has heard, NGR's will only be replacing the SMU's in the next 5 years as they can't source more parts, following after that is the EMU's. I also noticed you mentioned around the exhibition time it's madness Michael. That's correct but even the every day peak hour services are shocking especially on the Gold Coast Line.

Anyway, nice screenshots guys

-Cheers

Littlebondi, you make some very good points. Peak hour does stretch the network on key lines like Ferny Grove, Ipswich, Beenleigh/Gold Coast, Caboolture - Nambour and Cleveland. If anyone has been on these lines, it is standing room only and I know from work standing at Central trying to fight your way through the crowds to get a window seat.

As far as I am aware, the plan is according to the white paper release by the Consulting firm is not only just the EMU's but the venerable ICE which have not seen upgrading since 2003. The NGR will only look at replacing the EMU fleet over the coming 6 years, as the stockpile of parts when commissioned by Walkers back in 1999 is slowly running out. The SMUs have a long life ahead of them still, so expect them to be rolling around by the mid 2020s.

Anyways; here one for myself.

C17 834 simmers under the awning at Mount Morgan.
trainz89_20151229_0005_zpsj2gva8tq.jpg

Regards,

M.G

Good points Michael and Littlebondi, I actually have found a photo of an EMU in 2025 with my time machine.

article-2166193-13D6EDC3000005DC-154_306x545.jpg

Cheers,

Heh, shoutout to Dweebus and Dweeby for the abnormally high amount of this on my laptop screen...

ImageResizer.ashx

Brain hurt. Anyway, one for the Foam Fam

11219442_10208618638570483_5314494316135148998_n.jpg

Last edited:
What? Lynch! I thought you were a suburban foamer :hehe: Just kiding - good to see you are still around

Last edited:
What? Lynch! I thought you were a suburban foamer :hehe: Just kiding - good to see you are still around

Oi! You'll keep! :p

Between work, QPSR, vintage-y things and women, I just don't have time for TS anymore. Pity, but I still like coming here to gloss over some of the old hands and their handiwork, as well as having a laugh :D

Cheers bud!

Oi! You'll keep! :p

Between work, QPSR, vintage-y things and women, I just don't have time for TS anymore. Pity, but I still like coming here to gloss over some of the old hands and their handiwork, as well as having a laugh :D

Cheers bud!

Lol I can relate! I've been working, modelling and working on 1037 down at MSR :sleep:...... Still come around here for a lol and see what our old buddys are upto.

In anticipation of SP1's release and with it, the ability to signals routes properly, I've been working on a 5 board route loosely based on Bathurst as a testing yard. I intend to learn how to use the signaling system here as the route ive been building for years is far to big and complex to learn on.
Anyway, here is a short video of WT28 arriving at Bathurst. :)

Back