Australian screenshots

@Enikidoh, I am considering creating some of the former WAGR passenger stock and a WAGR steam locomotive of my choice - that will be a suprise :p
But, if you could provide me with some more detailed diagrams of the locomotives as the AMRA is very brief. I smell a W class comming on....
Regards
Michael Gitsham

Ooooh! A W! I had already planned to send you what info I have, but that's extra incentive! :D

Something tells me I've got a lot of scanning ahead of me. ;)

I was searching through my recently bought back copies of the Australian Model Railway Magazine which date from 2005 right back to 1972 which I got for free at the Nambour Michael Gitsham

But, if you could provide me with some more detailed diagrams of the locomotives as the AMRA is very brief. I smell a W class comming on.... Regards Michael Gitsham

Just to be sure, two DIFFERENT magazines were mentioned above by Michael so we need to sort out what one he has on offer. Australian Model Railway Magazine (AMRM) is not AMRA. The glossy one available at newsagents is AMRM http://www.australianmodelrailways.com/amframe.html

On the other hand AMRA is Australia Model Railway Association who also publish a very detailed model railway magazine available for members http://www.amra.asn.au/journal.htm AMRA is the same group who organize the large model rail shows in Sydney on October long weekend and Brisbane on the former May long weekend.

AMRM and AMRA are frequently confused so we need to check which one Michael has?

Last edited:

DD 588 and DD 584 work a loaded coal train across the swamps south of Koo Wee Rup.

At Koo Wee Rup, DD 560 sits in the platform with the evening passenger service, whilst the DD's 588 and 584 work their way into the loop.

The sun lights up the sides of the two DD's as they work away from Koo Wee Rup.

DD 586 and DD 584 work along one of the many long embankments north of Koo Wee Rup, as they near Dalmore station.

Zec

I started this a couple of years ago, but stopped through lack of info and interest on the forum
Pscr.jpg

I wonder if bear is interested in us doing this?

Why not - I spent some time in WA - really enjoyed my time in living Albany, the great southern area of WA is a lovely part of the world

Last edited:
Anything on the W class steamer - IIRC they also ran at Broken Hill on the Silverton

Hello Everyone,

If anyone is interested in modelling West Australian Railways in trainz, I have found somethings that might be some use to you.

I was searching through my recently bought back copies of the Australian Model Railway Magazine which date from 2005 right back to 1972 which I got for free at the Nambour Swap Meet. I have found every issue in the series detailing some fancinating models and prototypes.

In a couple of issues, it details the many WAGR Steam Locomotives from the mighty S class down to the dinky G class which includes drawings photos of componets and misc details. The same goes for their carriage stock.

But the centrepiece is that, I have a complete profile on the Westrail stock, including the mighty Westrail P Class.

So if anyone is interested in acquiring these resources, please PM or email me, and I shall forward them. :D

Kindest Regards
Michael Gitsham
QHR Commissioner Of Railways [Qld]

Nice work on the P class, however, there is already several versions of the P in Trainz in both original Westrail orange and late 90's yellow liveries, and a recent update has given them narrow gauge bogies too:

Orange version by Leon: KUID:30073:1011
Yellow version (reskin) by Colhad: KUID2:50587:1011:1
Orange version (narrow gauge) by Mizzle: KUID:144681:1011
Yellow version (narrow gauge) by Mizzle: KUID:144681:1012

Thats not to dissuade your model though AD60, as the above models are pretty old (1.3/04 era) and are coming up as faulty in CMP, so a new version might be a good thing. :)

As for the W class, I'm pretty sure that the Hotham Valley Tourist Railway's website has the same W class plans which also appear in A History of WAGR Steam Locomotives, complete with technical info, so that's a good place to start (and yes, the Silverton version was almost identical, save for the streamlined boiler cowling similar to the WAGR S class, and air brakes rather than vacuum).

(Is amazed at the sudden interest in WAGR/Westrail prototype :D).

HVTR site only has an out line drawing :(
Nice work on the P class, however, there is already several versions of the P in Trainz in both original Westrail orange and late 90's yellow liveries, and a recent update has given them narrow gauge bogies too:

Orange version by Leon: KUID:30073:1011
Yellow version (reskin) by Colhad: KUID2:50587:1011:1
Orange version (narrow gauge) by Mizzle: KUID:144681:1011
Yellow version (narrow gauge) by Mizzle: KUID:144681:1012

Thats not to dissuade your model though AD60, as the above models are pretty old (1.3/04 era) and are coming up as faulty in CMP, so a new version might be a good thing. :)

As for the W class, I'm pretty sure that the Hotham Valley Tourist Railway's website has the same W class plans which also appear in A History of WAGR Steam Locomotives, complete with technical info, so that's a good place to start (and yes, the Silverton version was almost identical, save for the streamlined boiler cowling similar to the WAGR S class, and air brakes rather than vacuum).

(Is amazed at the sudden interest in WAGR/Westrail prototype :D).

To the comment in regards to My Colliery Map it is one of three projects i have been working on, the intention is to have it and some of my QDR work completed soonish (TM). i have a few personnel issues to contend with for now once they are sorted i should be back online more often.

Ghosty

Hello Everyone,

@Peter, I am just about to email you a pdf which I have scanned the entire artical of the Westrail P class.

Without anymore talk, here is a screenshot of a South Australian Railways Narrow Gauge Y Class 2-6-0. I am currently working on in trainz, I could backdate it to create a WAGR G class.
SARNGYClassScreenshot.jpg

Kindest Regards
Michael Gitsham
QHR Commissioner Of Railways & Honourary Stationmaster @ Brooloo

Back